Shotgun

Ps all pictures belong to the person who took them
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Katherina POV
Ever since that liberating day I had finally allowed myself to become my true self and looked at the world much more differently. I knew there were and are really bad people in this world that I will have to encounter and I'm prepared for that day to come, but I will not let that influence me and my goals of living my life to the fullest and providing my little Lottie with the best childhood and opportunities that I am capable of.
     After arriving at the big Apple, grimacing slightly I knew I hadn't thought everything out to my best capabilities.
       "Momma!" She giggled out.
Looking down at my little gem I knew I had to figure out where we would be staying at least until I found something more permanent. The best I could do now was to find an affordable hotel.
     I've been walking around for so long but I've finally come across a very large hotel with the words Antonovich Casino & Hotel hopefully I could get at least a room for the night here.
      As I walked inside my jaw fell slack it was pure art, and maybe even looking a bit too expensive for the amount of cash I have on me since I haven't pawned any of my mothers jewelry and other small trinkets I had taken hey don't judge me I needed to get out and it's the least I could have done to repay them for their kindness.
I walked up to the concierge once I finally found her desk amidst all the people currently in the lobby. "Hi how may I help you today Miss?"
"Well I was wondering if there were any available rooms for at least three nights"
"Oh of course I'll look right into that... and yes we have three rooms available for you to choose from"
"I'll just take the most affordable room for one you have out of the three"
"Great for three nights that would be 578 dollars"
After paying and thanking her she also got a bell boy to help move our luggage to our suit and if this was the most affordable suit they had I can't imagine their most luxurious one.
     After settling in I decide that we should get ready for some dinner downstairs at their indoor restaurant.
      I dressed my little Lottie in the cutest little off-white lace trimmed dress hey what can I say I love dressing up babies and this is a fancy place so why not.

After getting her dressed I also just pinned back a few loose strands of front hair with the cutest pale pink clips ever, and she was ready to go be the cutest baby in the room maybe even the hotel!      Soon after I decided I really couldn't walk...

Soon after I decided I really couldn't walk around in my outfit that made me look like I was on the verge of robbing a bank or something so I decided to raid the wardrobe I brought along with me that wasn't too shabby might I add.
So to keep up with the lace-ish theme and since it was warm here because spring just started and what not I chose to go with a cute little yellow romper and some chunky heels

I just left my hair down and wiggled it a bit and left the room bare faced because we were already running late as it is and I didn't like to wear anything but mascara and chapstick anyways if it's not a special occasion

       But hey if I knew how to really beat my face I would cause that takes talent you can't even hate.
      Anyways after finding the dinning hall we were seated by a waiter and then given time to order well I was given time because I knew my little gem was just going to get chicken tenders and fries with apple juice since she couldn't say anything really. Meanwhile I order a chicken gyro because it sounded fun and the picture in the menu looked bomb.
After a while of eating I felt something bumping into my leg and my first thought was to literally pick Lottie up and yet again book it out of that hoe. Instead before that could happen I heard a childish whine and ended up peeking up under my tablecloth to find a smaller baby boy than my little Lottie and boy did he look frustrated and as if he'd cry any minute now.
I immediately looked around thinking who in the hell just lost their baby and who raised them?! Like my guy how? I quickly got over my thoughts when I met his honey brown eyes and I literally died because babies are the cutest gift ever to anyone and after picking him up and soothing him a bit he finally calmed down and was quietly looking back and forth between Lottie and I.
By then I decided he looked hungry and the rumbling of his little tummy soon confirmed my suspicions and I soon started feeding him pulled tenders off of Lottie's plate because I knew she wouldn't have been able to finish all of them herself and she needs to get accustomed to sharing.
After having him and Lottie fed we were just seated at the table when a panicked couple and lady maybe five years older than me approached us
   "Oh my god my poor baby I'm so sorry" the apparent mother exclaimed "Calm down butternut he's fine now" I really almost choked when he went and called her that but then I noticed I still had the baby boy in my arms so I quickly handed them back their child
"Oh honey thank you so much we can't believe the daycare here is so irresponsible to just let my son Jeremy run off like that"
"I assure you miss this will never happen again we have just been swamped here at our daycare" said the other woman who I just noticed had a name tag stating her name was Marcy.
"Well then hire some help duh these are our children's safety we intrust you with this should have never happened"exclaimed the wife.
"Yes miss I understand" Marcy stated dejectedly.
"I do hope so, we don't pay you for nothing." Her husband stated
And off they went with a giggling child in their arms. I turned to face Marcy with an apologetic look on my face "I'm sorry that happened to you miss Marcy" I said because she looked so sad. Then I got an idea
     "Well if you are looking for help for the daycare here I'm free and in search of a job by the way"
     "Ouuu that would just be great do you know how to cook and bake,oup and we can't forget if your good with kids, silly me"she said laughing to herself and in my head I was really freaked out but then again I'm weirder than her by a long shot so why not go with it.
      After discussing that I could also have my little Lottie in the daycare because she automatically assumed I was a young mother in need and that I would be living in the hotel as well because sometimes the hours are crazy and parents can leave their children here overnight. I ended up agreeing to all of the terms cause hey when do you get these kind of opportunities in life a second time.
      So now I have my new life somewhat set up on a 'I have a job and place to stay' kind of point of view so our second chance at a better life is already off to a good start.

       But what Katherina didn't know was that things aren't going to be that easy for her and that it just wouldn't be interesting if it was. Hopefully she's ready for what's to come, or better yet who.