Chapter 6-Tours

Dinner was exciting and loud. I have never experienced anything like that in my entire life. Everyone seems so close and connected by a bond that I don't think humans can have. I start to wonder if I could do both. Be a human and a werewolf at the same time. I could still go to school and come back here when I'm done. I could keep the secret from Haven and live a semi-normal human life. I would be bonded with the pack and always be surrounded by friends.

But part of me still wants to reject all of this. I sigh and lean back in my chair watching the mothers clean up the kitchen. They wash dishes lightning fast with an expert system and assembly line. Mom told me not to help because I should enjoy this and not be stuck doing chores. The men sit around the table laughing loudly and talking about work.

At the "kiddie" table aka crazy teenage boy table with two mature girls, the boys are... well being boys. Except for Ezra. Who sits quietly in his spot like he wants to run the second we are excused. Oliver (Ollie) is poking fun of Ruby again calling her Rudy and a hot-head. Pun intended. 

"My name is not Rudy," Ruby says through gritted teeth, "it's Ruby! B! Why can't you get that!?" she shouts and smacks the table angrily.

"Hmm nah," Ollie says waving his hand off while shaking his head, denying the fact probably to annoy her.

"Do you see what I have to deal with?" Ruby asks turning to me. 

I nod, "Yeah, they're crazy."

"More than crazy! They're teenage werewolves!" she shouts gesturing to them by throwing her arms out. Then smacks them on the table groaning loudly, "It's so annoying."

"She's the one who's crazy," Ollie says pointing at Ruby while looking at me, "she takes a full HOUR to do her hair! Plus she takes the hot water!"

"Perfection isn't easy to achieve," Ruby says sassily, "but since when do you shower?"

I stifle a laugh and smile watching their argument continue. Kai leans on the table looking over at me, "So... you like the house?" he asks making conversation with me.

"Yes, it's beautiful," I say looking around.

"I'd be happy to give you a tour... if that's alright with you," he says easily with a smooth smile.

"Uh sure," I shrug returning a smile. He grins and stands up, "Let's go then."

"Now?" I ask confused.

"Yeah," he says coming behind my chair and pulls it out. I glance at Ruby who is deep in argument with Ollie who looks like he's having the time of his life. I slowly stand up adjusting my jeans to be higher. Milo notices us getting us and giving us a confused look, "Where are you guys going?"

"I'm giving her a tour," Kai says sounding a bit cocky about that fact. Milo raises an eyebrow, "Ruby will probably kill you. You're stealing her friend."

"Eh, what does she know," Kai says waving him off. 

"Always so arrogant," Milo rolls his eyes picking up his book from his lap. I glance at Kai who studies Milo for a bit. 

"I'm not arrogant," Kai says defensively, his eyes narrowing.

Milo looks up boredly, "Cocky, excuse me."

"Stop it," Kai says sharply glaring at him. Milo reels back looking hurt, "Sorry..." he mumbles lowering his gaze. Kai scoffs taking my hand and dragging me out of the kitchen towards the spiral stairs. I frown pulling from his grip at the stairwell before he could drag me up there. 

"Why did you do that?" I ask sharply, wanting to defend Milo, "He was just joking-"

"He was embarrassing me," Kai says sharply crossing his arms. He looks at the ground with a hard expression. I frown at him, "No he wasn't."