Frustration fires

Gwen spent what was left of the evening carefully curled up into Blake's side. She didn't want to hurt him but she couldn't stand to not be touching him, not having him hold her. Blake had broken ribs on both sides but on the right side a rib that broke punctured his lung causing it to collapse that is what made him so critical. They cut into his chest and placed a tube into the opening. Gwen had multiple facial fractures and a broken arm. The breaks in her face were not severe enough to require surgery and her arm only required being set and casted.

"Gwen"

"Yeah babe? Do you need something? Are you hurting? Should I get the nurse?" Gwen says getting up

Blake reaches out grabbing Gwen's arm keeping her in place and pulling her back to him.

"Gwen calm down. I'm ok." He flashes he dimples for her as she cuddles back into him

"Did he hurt you bad? Did he..... did he?" He couldn't say it the thought of that bastard touching Gwen the way only he was supposed to touch her brought up bile in his throat but he fought the urge to expel it

"No babe he didn't do that. He broke the bones in my face and my arm. They put a cast on it see." She said displaying the hot pink cast for him to see and he chuckled at her

"Are you seriously laughing a my broken arm Mr.Shelton?" She joked feigning the look of devastation before both of them burst out laughing

"Gwen when I got home and you weren't at the door I was sad, because I thought you had realized I wasn't what you wanted. Then I called you and found your phone. That sadness turned to fear in an instant. I felt like someone had taken my air and I was suffocating. I'm sorry I wasn't there to protect you Gwen. No bar or business venture is worth losing you." Tears threatened to fall from his eyes

He started breathing harder leading him to have a coughing fit.

"Shhhhh Blake baby look at me. Relax breath-in breath-out. I'm right here Blake I'm safe. No one is gonna hurt me." She soothes while rubbing her hands along the edges of his jaw back and fourth

He felt his pulse slow and his body relax under her touch. It was still beyond him how another person could have that much of a physical effect over him. Gwen was like his own personal form of crack. Her touches soothed him just like the burning effect of crack as it flowed through his veins. He won't lie he has tried crack before, but Gwen is better than crack. She soothes him in ways the drug never could and the drug hurt while it soothed, that's why he only ever did it once. Gwen didn't hurt. She brought the same euphoria without the pain or neurological effects.

"Blake. Babe. Please come back to me. Your scaring me."

His eyes finally focus on her and she knows he is back.

"Sorry just the idea of you not being with me sends me over the edge." He says his eyes look down and away from her while she still holds his face in her hands

"Babe look at me." He forces his eyes back to hers

"You don't have to be thinking that way. I'm right here and I'm not going anywhere. Ever! Your stuck with me Shelton."

He pulls his head to her chest and sits listening to her heart beat. As they settle back into bed he needs to tell her but he doesn't know how so he decided to leave it for now. Right now he is just going to lay here with her wrapped in his arms and listening to her heart beat.
...............................................................................................................................................
By that night Gwen was discharged but she refused to leave Blake, so her sister-in-law had to go get both of them some clothes and stuff they needed. Blake tried to convince Gwen to go home take a nap and come back later but she refused. She wasn't leaving his side. Everyone thought she was being the over protective girlfriend, and a big part of that was true. However in the back of her mind there was a little part that was scared to leave him and be alone, that's when he took her. When she was alone.