three.

Sabrina seemed to watch him the entire time as he scarfed down her helping of food, apparently one helping was not doing it for him. In fact, the nerves that were thrumming through his entire body made him feel like he couldn't get enough food at all. Was this what people referred to as stress eating? Gabriel was going to have to work out when he left here or else he was going to look like a pig and you can't get one night stands looking like a pig.

"She said she was checking on the food... but the food is already here." Sabrina spoke the words just as softly and wide-eyed as she had earlier. Clearly this girl was more paranoid than he was. Well, he was stuffing his entire face with food, maybe they were at about the same level of paranoia.

Gabriel chuckled at the absurd and naive comment. "Have you ever been to a dinner party hosted by old rich people? It's like how people describe your grandparents over feeding you when you stay with them for a week and you suddenly gain thirty pounds. This is just an appetizer." He explained the way of dinner parties all while stuffing a loaf of bread in his mouth, it was highly unattractive and he would care if the food wasn't the only thing calming him down.

The girl looked down at her hands that were trembling in her lap. So, maybe the girl was entirely way more paranoid than him. Should he be more paranoid? The thoughts in his head only resulted into him shoveling another bite of food into his mouth. He wasn't sure he had ever tasted food this great. It was addicting.

"You should slow down before you choke." Gabriel could've sworn he saw the crack of a smile upon Sabrina's lips as she watched him scarf down his food. Maybe something good might actually come out of this terrible dinner.

"You should stop worrying so much and eat some food." His eyes flickered around the table. "People are starting to look at you."

"Are you sure they're not just looking at you as you eat your food like some savage beast who hasn't eaten in months?" She raised an eyebrow.

Gabriel slowly lowered his fork full of food back onto his plate and wiped his hands on the napkin in his lap. Clearing his throat he turned towards the girl. "Do tell, where are your parents? What are you like... five years old?" As if he could make such accusations after his little scene of face stuffing.

"Nineteen. And my parents are dead." The girl's face turned stone cold as her lips pressed into a thin line. "And before you ask, yes I am a millionaire and yes I own the mansion I live in and yes it is all daddy's money." Sabrina was unamused. The amount of times she had been badgered about how lucky she was that her parents were dead and that she got to be a wealthy child was pestering. It's a terrible conversation topic and she wasn't about to have it with the immature man next to her. Especially not at this dinner.

Gabriel shot her a look and mockingly shook his head, mouthing the words she had just said in such a nagging way that, truly, he seemed like the five year old in this situation.

Sabrina scoffed. "Grow up."

Before Gabriel could make another snarky and rather childish comment. Mrs. Whitmon waltzed back into the dining room and took her place at the head of the table. Soon after, waiters flooded it, placing huge platters down on the table. He could already smell the delicious food and he wanted to eat every bit of it. It seemed he was gaining an eating problem, he really should get that checked out sooner rather than later. Stress eating was no problem a millionaire like him should face.

Besides, what women wanted to sleep around with a man who couldn't control his eating habits? It really was going to be a problem.

Mrs.Whitmon cleared her voice loudly and Gabriel could not help his very obvious eye roll that followed. It seemed another speech was going to be made. Groaning internally he turned his attention away from Sabrina and towards the old lady.

The broad and almost cunning smile that was painted on her lips made the nerves in his system flood, once again, throughout his entire body. Now Gabriel was absolutely positive this dinner was not going to be a pleasant one. 

--

A.N.: I know these chapters are rather short but this is going to be a very short story... I think. So bare with me through these little scenes until i can get to the real action :)