그냥 들어요

just listen.

THERE is neither gravity nor ground where he is. Sehun simply hangs there, stranded like an estranged moon amongst stars of debris and eternal skies of space.

☆彡

"Thtar," Sehun professed solemnly at four years old, and blinked his big, dark brown eyes at the glowing specks in the clear night as he pressed his chubby fingers into the cold glass pane. Beside him, Jongin nuzzled deeper into his blanket and flung his leg over Sehun's, murmuring unintelligibly.

"Thtar," he repeated, and they twinkled in reply. He shifted forward until his nose touched the window. "Thtar."

"Oh Sehun," his mother sighed when she came to tuck them in, and drew the duvet up to his neck. "It's time to sleep, darling."

And he nodded obediently, and let his eyes fall closed after her gentle kiss on the forehead, his feathery long black lashes fluttering down against his cheek.

But even after she turned the lamp on his bedside table off routinely and left, he still couldn't resist peeking out for another moment, before sleep claimed him again in its soft embrace.

That night he dreamt of the glinting stars, granting his wish to be amongst them.

☆彡

"Race you to the water!" Sehun shrieked while he rushed over the dips and rises in the sand. Eagerly, he waded in, Jongin on his heels, and together they dove into the welcoming coolness of the sea.

Sehun resurfaced first, and Jongin followed a second later, floating on his back and sporting a bright white megawatt smile.

"That's why you're so tan," Sehun told him jokingly. "Always exposing yourself to the sun instead of having most of your body in the water."

Jongin swatted at him, and the water lapped a little higher around his neck, making Sehun panic and propel himself away.

"We're supposed to be doing our project, aren't we? So it doesn't really matter what I do; either way it's not what I'm supposed to do. So astronauts? Why astronauts of all things?"

"Would you rather be researching paleontologists or dentists or archaeologists? Come on, and besides, don't you like the beach so much more than projects?" Sehun retorted, dumping the seawater in his cupped hands over his best friend's face.

Jongin spluttered in reply and darted away, prompting Sehun to chase him around. It was pathetic though, because the pretty dancer definitely couldn't be beaten in stamina. At least not by the lean and lanky noodle that was Oh Sehun.

That afternoon, they trudged back to Sehun's house, towels wrapped around themselves and defeated by the elements with their flaming sunburns and pruny fingers.

Sehun poked Jongin's face. "And you know why I chose astronauts."

Jongin scrunched up his nose reflexively as he hit a sore spot, but relented. "Yeah, yeah I know, you want to be an astronaut, but really? Couldn't you have chosen it when you were doing projects on your own?"

Sehun pouted and shook his head until droplets came flying out of his hair. "Don't you support me?"

His best friend shoved his head gently. There was a soft smile playing on his splotchy red face. "No I do, Sehun. Always."

By midnight, Jongin doze off first like he always did, and Sehun was still up beside him, half-nested in blankets and gazing up. They no longer fit on one bed- it was just two mattresses laid side by side now- and Sehun's mum didn't come to tuck him into his covers anymore, but she did check in to make sure he was getting some semblance of sleep. He flicked off the lamp so she wouldn't bother him.