two

It was about 3 am when Emily woke Dan and Phil up. Dan felt Phil getting up to get her, when he said "No, no, no. I got this. You go back to bed. You need it." He saw Phil lay back down in the pitch blackness that was their bedroom. He got up, picked up the baby and walked out to the lounge, so that Phil could sleep. He started talking to her, things like "Your dads are worn out because of you." and "It'll be okay." Childcare was harder than it looked to Dan. He turned on the TV at a low volume. It was gonna be a while. After a few minutes, Emily was fast asleep again, but Dan stayed there with her in his arms. He didn't want to go back in there and wake Phil. He needed sleep, and Dan was gonna let him get some. Dan eventually fell asleep on the couch with Emily, and they stayed there the rest of the night.

The next morning, Phil woke up to an empty room. He slowly made his way out to the lounge to see if his family was out there, and sure enough they were still there, fast asleep on the sofa. He, as quietly as he could, made his way over and took Emily from Dan's arms. She woke up a little, but Phil cradled her carefully, so that she would go back to sleep. Dan woke up suddenly. "Good morning, Sleepyhead." Phil said to his half-asleep husband. "Have I been out here all night?" Dan asked. "I think so." Phil replied. "Its after 11 though, you might wanna get up."

 "Alright." Dan said. He got up and followed Phil into the kitchen. He seemed to do that a lot. He watched as Phil poured a bowl of cereal with one hand. "Need some help over there?" He said to Phil. "Nah, I'm fine." Dan heard what he said, but he still took their daughter from Phil, and let him get breakfast for the three of them. Phil didn't mind. He had gotten more sleep than Dan. Besides, he'd do anything for the love of his life. 

When Dan got back into the lounge, he grabbed his Mac, so that he could plan out the video for his main channel. Emily was still cradled in his arms, the same way she was in Phil's arms. Phil came around the corner with their breakfasts, as Dan started to type. His hands were pretty full of two bowls of cereal, two coffee cups, and a bottle. "Woah, there!" Dan said. He put the laptop down and got up to help his husband. He grabbed his bowl and mug, placed them down on the coffee table, and took the bottle for Emily. "Thanks." Phil said. "What'ya doing?"

 "Just planning out what to say in the video." Dan replied. "I'm struggling a bit though. This is harder than I thought it was going to be. Also how are we going to make our Dil video, today, if this cutie is keeping us busy all the time?" He smiled down at the baby. Phil, now on the sofa next to Dan, thought for a minute. "We could just edit out the bits when she cries or makes any sound." Phil suggested. "Yeah, we could. But then it would be too jumpy,and jumpy videos are really annoying to watch." They were now both contemplating any ideas they had. Almost 5 minutes had passed, when Phil finally said, "Maybe you could just tweet our followers, and say the Dil video will be postponed for the main channel video. Then we can upload the main channel video, and the Dil one after." Dan was surprised that Phil had actually come up with a good idea for once. "Yeah. Brilliant idea. I'll do that now." 

Dan tweeted 'Hey all you guys waiting for a new Dil vid. Phil and I have decided to postpone it for reasons that I'm sure you won't mind. And younow people, don't say anything. This surprise video will be posted on our main channels.'

 "Alright. Its been done. Now to enjoy our morning. I mean, afternoon." Dan said, putting down his phone and grabbing the bottle of milk, to feed Emily.