five

The next morning Dan woke up surprisingly early for him. The other two were still asleep, so he quietly got up and got some breakfast. He was well in his sofa crease, when Phil came out with Emily. They ate while they watched an anime (as usual), and then got ready to go. They left, and walked to the train station. They didn't care how many stares they got. They were happy and that's all that mattered. They got on the train and before they knew it, they were in Manchester. They got off the the train, and Dan's dad was there to meet them. He took them to Dan's home, and they were wonderfully greeted by his family. They talked for a few hours, mainly just catching up. The day went pretty well. It was mostly the same as the previous day. Dan and Phil hanging out with Adrian and Dan's parents obsessing over their new grandaughter.

The next day, Dan and Phil had plans to go to Phil's parents house. They packed up again and went to Rawtenstall. Their few days there went pretty much the same. Everything was going well until the last night they were there. Dan got a tweet from someone saying that they're the worst and that they were liars. That both Dan and Phil should goTheyl themselves. This made Dan extremely upset and he burst into tears. Phil was in the other room with Emily and his parents. He heard sobbing coming from his bedroom, and he went to go see what was wrong.

"Dan? Are you okay?" 

"I'm fine, Phil." 

"No, you're not. You wouldn't be crying if you were fine."

 "Phil I said I was fucking okay. Now go away."

 "No Dan. I need to know what's bothering you."

 "It's just that someone tweeted me something horrible." 

"So? We get those all the time."

 "Yeah but, it made me think what if you left me or you died. I don't know what I'd do without you. You're my whole life, and, and, I just can't do it without you!" Dan was crying hard now. Phil comforted him, saying "Dan! What makes you think I'm gonna leave you. I love you and you know that. I would never leave you or Emily." They talked and talked until Phil's mum came in to hand over Emily who had fallen asleep. They lay in Phil's old bed, and Dan drifted off to sleep as Phil played with his curly hair. He fell asleep, after a while, in the embrace of his husband.