Ch.1

The weather was nice at the beach. All the teens had settled in to their beach apartments, and were now doing what teens do best, having fun.

This was at the time when she was alive, before any of the confusion and guilt happened, when everyone was innocent.

Two days passed. They were all gathered around the camp fire. Maddie, Kalani, Kendall, Jack, Nia, Brynn,JoJo, Johnny, and Hayden. Jack was in the middle of handing Kalani a beer when their lives turned upside down.
A stranger came running to them, informing them in gasps that there was a dead girl washed up. They were shocked to find out.

Jack was the first one to run after Chance, followed by Hayden and Johnny. The girls ran after them. They all finally stopped at a place near the dock, not seeing anything in the dark until Chance turned his flashlight on, aiming it at the ground, lighting up Kenzie Ziegler.

The teens were mortified. Maddie went on her knees in a sob, Kendall and Kalani getting down to comfort her. Nia stepped down next to Kenzie's body, examining it. She saw marks all around her neck. "S-She was- murdered" Nia said, the teens gasped and were shocked as if they had never heard the term before.

Murder happens every day, and they all seem to ignore it, as if it's nothing new, but suddenly it all becomes real when your best friend is murdered, and you're one the suspects.

Kalani pulled out her phone and took pictures of Kenzie's body, saying she could use them as evidence later. Calling the cops now was not an option, they had no idea what to do.

Kalani stood up, taking charge. "Who was with her last?"she said with her arms crossed in a stern voice. Nobody spoke up.

Finally, Johnny whispered, "I was". Everybody looked at him as if he were the killer. "Listen, ok, I was with her a couple hours ago, that doesn't mean I fucking killed her," he growled, starting to get angry with the crowd.

"What, exactly, were you doing with her?" Kalani asked. "We were just talking" he said, and they knew he was hiding something. "You fucked, didn't you" Maddie spoke up.

"I-It was just a hookup, nothing more." He said. "Johnny, just tell the truth, did you have sex with Mackenzie." Kalani asked in a stern voice, not giving up.

He nodded his head yes. "Listen guys, we can't all just turn on eachother like this, it could have been anyone, were not the only people on this beach." Nia spoke up.

Reluctantly, they called the cops, telling them the story. Then they were all left on the beach, all suspects.

Maddie was in her bed, crying at night, when Jack came in the room. He sat on the edge of the bed, rubbing her leg in a comforting way.

"I just don't get it" she spoke after a couple minutes. "I don't think any of us do." He said grimly.

She sat up and sat next to him, resting her head on his shoulder. "I don't think it was Johnny." He said. "Me neither" she spoke softly.

They looked at each other's faces lit up by the moonlight, then he leaned forward and they kissed for a long while, he put his hand on her cheek and deepened the kiss. She layed down on the bed, him hovering over her, then started kissing down her neck. She then stopped him. "I'm sorry, I can't do this right now" she said. "I understand, I'm sorry. He apologized. He then layed next to her, and they drifted off to sleep.
//follow my instagram, @ writingsmvt I have a lot more fanfics on there