five

ANCIENT GREECE - 2000 YEARS AGO

After the last argument, Athena had distanced herself from Silas. She decided to give him some time to decide what he really wanted. During this time, Athena had met a man who wasn't much older than Silas. The two had grown close. She felt at ease around him, more so than she did with the man she had known for years.

The man laughed at something Athena said, a great big grin growing on her pink lips. Her jokes weren't funny, and she was aware of this, but he would do anything to see her smile.

Silas could feel the jealousy running through his veins as watched from afar. It was supposed to be him making her smile. His nails dug into his palm, an attempt at controlling his anger, but to no avail.

As if his feet had a mind of their own, he found himself making his way to the pair. Their laughter quickly died down when they noticed the extra body, Athena's dark eyes instantly locking with his.

"May I have a word?"

The dark haired man next to the young girl looked at her wearily, silently asking if she was okay with being alone with Silas. Athena nodded that it was, and her friend left.

"Yes?"

"Athena, please hear me out, I don't want us to fight anymore, it drives me insane," his large hands reached out and grabbed hers. "I will find a way to call off the wedding. You are the one I am going to spend the rest of my life with, even if we have to run away and leave all this behind."

"Do you promise?" She looked up at the man she loved with big brown eyes still full of innocence.

"I promise."

Her lips turned up into a smile and she wrapped her thin arms around him. Silas picked her up with ease, spinning her around just so he could hear her laugh.

He wanted to listen to that laugh forever.