Entry #5: Xander

Dear Diary,

I think this is probably the happiest day of my life. I've never actually thought anyone could learn to accept me.. or whatever.

Well what I mean is.. that I'm not that good with people and I get a little nervous sometimes.. maybe a bit flustered around people I really like.

I never thought that I could tell someone so much about myself, and still have them think.. well.. fondly of me.

I don't really think I'm that important... or special.

Sure I know how to do a lot of things.. but I'm not brilliant at them. For example, I LOVE to play sports.. yet I'm not very good at them either, neither am I at painting, ice skating, writing, typing, being in charge, waking up early, cooking, baking, coding, and a hundred other things I'd rather not list.

It doesn't matter though, you get it right?

So a few days back when I told someone that I really liked them, I was embarrassed.

Very embarrassed, because I felt like I was giving one of those super cliché confessions..

But what happened next actually surprised me.

They said they liked me back. I noticed that the whole time we'd been talking, she had not only listed my blessings, but she complimented me more than anyone I've ever met.

She didn't see my flaws, because through her eyes, beauty is found in every flaw.

I was so happy that I smiled for the rest of the week.

I remember making a very long list of reasons I didn't like myself.

I now understand that every reason I recorded are the exact same reasons people like her respect me.

I'm going to stop writing now because I think I sound a little stupid.. oh well.

Goodnight..

~Xander Aldebaran