Chapter 1: Party Plans!

"I want everything to be Barbie themed. I want it all to have pink balloons, and a pink barbie jumpy house, and my collection of Barbies all on a pink shelf. It has to be hot pink! It can't be any other pink or it'll ruin my party. Oh, I want my American girl doll section to be on a shelf too. I want them all to be standing, and both of the shelves full of dolls have to be wearing hot pink. Remember, as I said-"

"Yes, yes. I understand. Not any other color than hot pink." The butler murmured, and sighed as he jotted down the last note. "What are you going to have as food and beverages?" He asked. "Oh, and before you say anything, I have bought Barbie cups and plates that are hot pink." He said.

"Scarlet! My little princess!" Her father said, as he stepped on the last step of the glass stairs. Marble covered the floor, and chandeliers hung high. "Daddy!" She yelled, as she ran up to him and jumped into a hug. "What on earth has gotten you so excited? Did you eat out of the sugar holder again?" He asked, with a stern look on his face. "I told you not to eat out of it, it is bad for your health." He said, smiling. 

"Of course not. After what mother told me about the scary sugar spiders that crawl into your mouth if you eat out of the sugar holder, I haven't even taken a spec!" Scarlet replied, shivering at the thought of spiders made out of sugar, crawling around the floor in her kitchen.

"Than, what is it?" He asked, smiling. 

"Well, Frank and I are planning my birthday party. I am extremely excited for this!" She said, jumping up and down and clapping with the tips of her fingers. Her beautiful brown hair bounced up and down. "I need 5 cans of hot pink paint." She said, looking up at him. "Of course princess! Frank, can you please go fetch 5 cans of paint from the basement?" He asked. "Yes sir. By the way, here is a paper of all the things that Scarlet would like for her birthday party. I've done all the math. The total price-"

"Thank you Frank. I appreciate it." He said, which gave a hint to Frank to go fetch the paint cans, quickly.

"Father. You do know what I want for my birthday.. Right?" Asked Scarlet, with wide eyes.

"Well, uh.." Scarlet's father hesitated, trying to remember what Scarlet had told him a few weeks ago.

"You've forgotten, haven't you..." Scarlet said, frowning.

"No! Of course I haven't forgotten, I just, I-"

"It's fine. I thought you'd need a reminder." Scarlet said, letting out a weak smile.

"I want a dolly." She said, looking at him.

"Darling, you have so many dolls! I've bought you all the newest dolls in the shop. What other doll would you like? A new american girl doll, a barbie?" He asked, smiling.

"I don't want one of those brands. I want one with pale skin, a realistic face, blonde hair, blue eyes.."

"Oh. I don't think I've seen one of those types of dolls. I'll have to take a look at some stores then! I'll be back later. Go ask Madeline if she can play outside as I go search up some dolls for you. Maybe sit with mommy!" He said, as he raced back up the stairs and ran into his computer room.

But, Scarlet didn't move.

She just imagined her doll.

Like she had done before.