Chapter 2: The Unusual

"I want my beautiful little girl to have a good father who can get her what she wants." Scarlet's father said to Frank, as he typed up the description of Scarlet's dream doll.

"But sir, I honestly do believe that you are spoiling her a little bit too much. You should teach her what it feels like not to be spoiled." Frank said, making a point as he lifted the last can of paint.

"Well, well, well. If it isn't Mrs. Smith and her lovely shop." Her father sighed at the sight of a friend from high school. "She used to be rich and popular, that is, until her father's company shut down." Scarlet's dad murmured, remembering the times back in high school.

"Surprisingly, she has the doll my daughter is looking for. Fetch Elizabeth for me, Frank." He commanded, as he got up from his chair and grabbed his coat. "We are going to go on a little bit of a shopping spree. Get the limo running." He said, leaving the room.

Frank stood there and listened closely to the man's footsteps. As soon as he had reached the hallway, Frank quickly dialed in some numbers into the telephone. "Hello? Is this Miss Smith?" He asked. "Yes, who is this?" Miss Smith responded. "Hi... My boss was looking for a doll and will be arriving soon. May you tell me about that doll that has blonde hair, blue eyes and pale skin? I think her name on the screen  was Ch-"

"Charlotte?" Asked Miss Smith, horrified.

"Yes. That one!" Frank answered, with an evil grin at the terrified tone in her voice.

"Let me tell you, your boss has made a bad decision.." Spoke Miss Smith, in a low tone. A spark of excitement tingled inside of Frank. "Spectacular! We will arrive shortly. Whatever the price is, it'll be paid. Make sure not to tell my boss about any of the reasons why it could ever possibly a bad mistake. If you don't spill anything, I'll come back tomorrow and pay you... Any offers?"

"500."

"See you then.." Said Frank, as he ended the call. "This'll teach the little brat a lesson..." Whispered Frank to himself.

"Daddy, where are we going?" Asked Scarlet, as she swung her legs back and forth.

"Well, you and Madeline are going to be assisted at the mall with Frank. Your mommy and I have somewhere to be." He said, as he looked at his wife with a grin. "Elizabeth, I think I might've found it!" he whispered. "Found what?"  Scarlet's mother asked, carelessly as she filed her nails. "Oh! Was it those heels I wanted? Aww honey you're such a nice guy." She gushed, as she gave him a little nudge.

"I apologize honey but that isn't quite it..." He apologized.

"I found the perfect doll for Scarlet's birthday." Said her father, excitedly.

"Ugh. What's for me?!!" She asked, with a frown as she stopped filing her nails and looked at her husband with a frown. "Thomas, you know how much I love presents. Where are we going? You can buy the doll and I'll look at... Other things?" She said, with a weak smile.

"Goodness, Elizabeth can't you be a little bit happy for our daughter?" He asked, angrily. As they parked, The girls and Frank went to the mall, while their father stomped off as their mother was calling his name repeatedly  and taking little steps, as her heels bounced from one toe to another. "I'm sorry honey!!" She lied.

But he just kept on walking.