Nine

Hey everyone! How are you today? 

I'm going to be busy this weekend so expect a late update probably on Sunday. I'm sorry I did not update yesterday, I've been sick (ugh) and trying to catch up on a crap ton of homework. 

If you guys would like to make me a cover or a banner, go ahead and do so and I will feature it in an oncoming chapter. Please remember to vote, comment, and share! 

Thank you all so so so so so much for the support you guys have given me! This book as already at #63 in Fantasy and has 20K+ reads! That's amazing! 

Also, I've been trying to hide pop-culture references in the story, so see if you can find them and tell me in the comments! (These Include: Qwalt Fisney, Feathers, and several other things.)

If you guys want a new chapter remember to comment and vote so I know you wanna keep reading. 

Remember to be good to each other!

BYEEE

Word Count: 2035 

Not edited

Chapter Nine: 

The maid curtsied before me, her blonde head bowing in some sort of submission before she stood straight again, eyes fixated on the wooden floor. 

"Evening ma'am." She said softly, her voice as pretty as she looked. She had these ice blue eyes that I was jealous of - mine were more of a stormy ocean blue I hated - and perfectly straightened hair, with the shorter pieces tied back. 

"Good evening," I smiled softly at her timidness, "Why are you here?" 

I glanced warily at the golden clock that was beside my bed and cursed, realizing it four-twenty and I'd soon be forced to be escorted to the heart of Drendann with the three princes of Aldmist.

I glanced warily at the golden clock that was beside my bed and cursed, realizing it four-twenty and I'd soon be forced to be escorted to the heart of Drendann with the three princes of  Aldmist

Panic, fear, and worry were the only emotions swirling around my head and my heart. How could be so stupid as to tell someone about me being unmarked? That, and the fact that I told a fifteen-year-old! I could be killed for this. I'm a walking target with a sign on my back that says 'Shoot me', so that all the royal guards can practice shooting. Fate, I am so going to die. 

"Prince Adrian sent me to make sure you are ready for your outing tonight. Do you need anything?" The maid stared at the floor as she spoke,  I frowned. "Why aren't you looking me in the eyes?" When I had to write a report on Drendann, the castle, and the Royal Customs, I never learned anything bad about the place, it was simply a beautiful oddity, and the staff seemed to love working there. 

The woman coughed uncomfortably, before scurrying towards the closet, her knee-length dress flowing behind her. The maid was short and pale, an unusual trait for those living in Drendann, and the state of Sallion. Most people had tan skin because the State of Sallion was hot, in the sun, and by the water, so everyone here had tanned skin, unless you were from the colder states like Fyria and Nerarand. When the maid emerged, she held a short, intricate summer dress.