Thirteen

Hey everybody how are you today?

Yes, yes, I know, you are all thinking: 

"Why did you take so long to update??"

"It's been a week!" 

"I'm dying to know what happens!" 

My only excuse is that I'm lazy, I love to procrastinate, and I have a bunch of projects still in need of finishing, I'm very stressed out.  I also like food...a lot. 

Hopefully, once I get my crap together, I will be updating every Friday (hopefully, let's all pray to fate ;) and since my summer starts June 15th, there will be updates twice a week instead. 

Someone in the comment section suggested that I make other books that follow the other princes lives and loves, would you peeps like that? I already have some ideas if I were to do that. 

Also, THANK YOU ALL SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO MUCH FOR YOUR LOVE AND SUPPORT!!!!! I have over 70K reads, which is incredible! Thank you guys. 

Please vote, comment, and share! 

If you guys want to make me banners or covers, you totally can and I will post them in a future chapter and dedicate it to you. Thanks!

Remember to be good to each other!  

Byeee

Word Count: 1590

Chapter Thirteen: 

It had been five hours. Five excruciatingly long hours since I had made my discovery. 

Adrian didn't have a mark either. 

Did that mean we were mates, because neither of us had marks? Did that mean neither of us had mates? Where was the scar from? 

I sat upon my bed, in the room I had tried to escape from two days prior, pondering the entire idea that Adrian didn't have a mark. The way he acted when I realized his arm was bare told me that he didn't have a mark. Plus, why would you fake a mark if you already have one? 

One thing I knew, though, is that there wasn't a soulmate before. He wasn't mated to anyone else, and survived the rejection ritual - no. That doesn't leave a scar on the skin. The earth unbinding twin souls as mates doesn't leave a scratch on the flesh, it takes away the mark leaving it without any blemishes. It only leaves a scar on the heart. 

So where did the scar come from? How did he get it? Did someone...do that to him?

There was only one way his mark could've been removed, and it would be highly unlikely for him to survive. The Exitium Ceremony. It was the most gruesome, most dangerous, most painful, most-anything bad, thing that could ever happen to the De Terra. For someone to survive would be in the negative percentages. Practically impossible. 

The Exitium Ceremony, as most of us are taught in High School, is the ritual in which a Mate-Tattoo is removed from the wearer. The tattoo, is first burned with the flame of fate - one of the rarest things you could find on earth - then the tattoo is carved from the skin with a silver knife, and mutilated. Whilst doing this, words written in Fyvrian are recited over and over again, which awaken the earth and force it to remove one's mark. After the mark is removed, the person is usually tortured until they beg for death. 

Could Adrian have gone through the ritual? What would that make me to him? I couldn't be his mate because he wouldn't have one either, so why was I feeling all of these things towards him?