Departure.

My name is Sumon Stone, wife of Christopher Stone. We are a happy couple living in the South East of England. My husband has just left for war – I am both worried and extremely proud, he has taken the responsibility to fight for his country- compared to the other cowards out there holding on to their white feathers with no sign of shame. I live alone now, with my seven-month-old baby in my womb; "Take care of our angel Emily and yourself, sweetheart." Chris smiled with a hand on my belly and the other cupping my cheek.

"Who said it was going to be a girl? We're naming him James."

"No we're not."

"Yes we are."

"Emily."

"James."

And then he placed a chaste kiss on my cheek and left just like that.

The next morning, I went for a walk for some fresh air and saw some people crowding around a poster. I walked closer to it to see what was going on. It was a poster advertising a munition factory that was encouraging women to work there. Just the thought of that seemed utterly absurd; especially when I was in such a condition.

"Is such a notation such as this a bit too far? A bit ridiculous?" one man questioned.

Without missing a beat, the lady on my right remarked, "Pardon, sir but is it not a bit ridiculous as to why you are here instead of joining a regiment like our husbands have?"

The man was too embarrassed to answer and hastily left.