Chapter 4

Sting's POV
Rouge came back, looking paler than usual. His eyes seemed hollow as if he had a lot on his mind. I wonder what Gajeel has talked to him about.

"What did Gajeel say?" I asked. "Nothing important." He said averting his eyes.

"Bull shit you looked like you swallowed vomit." I said.

"I don't wanna talk about it." Rouge muttered clutching his glass like his life depended on it. Whatever Gajeel had said must've really shaken him up. I swear if he hurt Rouge I'm gonna make him pay.

"Come on let's go home." I said. Rouge followed after me mutely.

"You okay." I prompted as we walked. I really was worried about him.

"Yeah." Rouge said rubbing his face. "Gajeel just dumped some heavy news on my shoulders."

"Well that's dick move!" I yelled suddenly feeling angry.

"No it's not that, I'm glad he told me, so I could be prepared." Rouge said with a resigned sigh.

"You sound like your about to be sacrificed or something." I snickered. "I-I do not!" Rouge exclaimed just as we walked through the door.

"Lector! Frosch! We're home." I yelled.

No answer. That's weird.

I looked around the house and stopped when I saw a sticky note on the fridge that read. "I took your cats, lily said something about an exceed meeting so I took them with me, I'll bring them back in a week or so."

What!!! He catnapped Lector and Frosch!!!

"God dammit Gajeel." Rouge muttered under his breath.

"He stole our cats!" I yelled, fuming. I stomped around the kitchen in rage.

"Yeah but we can't do anything about it, besides maybe they want to see the other exceeds." Rouge sighed and I halted.

"How are you so calm about this?" I asked. "I thought you'd be furious he touched Frosch."

"Oh I'm mad, I'm gonna give him an earful when he gets back but for now I think it's not worth getting worked up over." Rouge said with a scowl.

I pouted. Stupid Gajeel making Rouge upset, Stupid Gajeel stealing our cats, Stupid Gajeel being stupid.

"Well I'm going to bed." Rouge announced, and my mind strayed to dirty places. What the fuck was I thinking!! I shook my head.

"Kay, I'm going to take a shower." I said. Yep, a cold shower was just what I needed.

I walked into the bathroom pulling my clothes off and turned on the water, stepping right in.

The cool water washed over me, clearing my head. Why was I acting like this?

I finished washing up and came out of the bathroom, flopping down onto the bed.

"Hey!" A voice yelled and I realized I had gone to the wrong bed, and I was on top of Rouge.

"Whoops wrong bed." I said. "Get off me!" Rouge yelled and I shifted so I was on his other side, I snuggled into the pillow.

"Go to your own bed asshole." Rouge said and shoved me but I wouldn't budge.

"It's to far." I mumbled into the pillow.

"Am I gonna have to carry you?" Rouge asked sarcastically. "Yes please." I mumbled into the pillow.

"Yeah, well that ain't gonna happen." He said. Yes! Now I get to sleep next to Rouge!

I looked over to see Rouge was already asleep. He must've been tired, I wonder if he had another nightmare. I hope not. I sighed and wrapped myself up in the covers scooting slightly closer to Rouge.

Rouge's POV
My eyes fluttered open and I sat up, for once I didn't get a nightmare. I wonder why.

I turned to see Sting next to me, he was wrapped up in the covers like a burrito. That bastard had stolen all the covers.

I sighed feeling conflicted. Should I tell Sting? Should I keep it to myself.

Sting started to stir besides me. I glared at him.

His eyes opened to see me glowering down at him. "You absolute baby, stealing all the covers for yourself." I said trying to look mad, but he actually looked adorable like that.

"If you wanted some you could've asked, and you conked right out and started snoring." Sting said sleepily and rubbed his eyes. "I don't snore! Your the one that snores!" I protested.

"Whatever." Sting said. He sat up and yawned stretching his arms out.

"Time to go to the guild." He said and got up. Uh oh. We were supposed to stay away from other people.

When it was just us we where fine but around the others who knows what would happen. I had to find some way to convince Sting to stay put.

I slung my legs over the side of the bed, faking casualness. "Yeah you have that huge stack of paper work to do." I said. Sting groaned and flopped back down onto the bed.

"I'm guessing this means we are not going to the guild, I'll make breakfast." I said and silently applauded my success.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
I had Gajeel take the exceeds cuz I was to lazy to write lines for them, deal with it

Make sure to check out my Tumblr #thatnerdyduck