Chapter 3

WARNING: Swearing in this chapter.

Andy paced back and forth, in front of the other three boys who were sat on a log outside of the shed.
"What do I do? What do I say?" Andy exasperated. He had his date with Ellen soon, and he was pretty nervous. He had a small droplet of sweat that started to run down his face. He immediately wiped it away with the sleeve of the shirt he'd been wearing ever since the school excursion. Andy wished he had something nicer and cleaner to wear, but unfortunately the dirty old shirt was all he had in this world.
"It doesn't matter what you say, Ellen is too smitten with you to care." Felix snorted, rolling his eyes, not looking up from his diary that he was always scribbling in.
"Dude, just be your normal dorky self. For whatever reason, this version of Ellen seems to like it." Sam beamed, a wide grin on his face.
"Okay, okay." Andy chanted. "I'm going now." He breathed, and started to prance away to meet her.
"Good luck!" Jake shouted at him. Then he turned to Sam and Felix.
"Guys, what are we going to do about food? I don't think that sandwich from Bates was enough." Jake drawled, staring down at his stomach as it started to rumble.
"I could do some more skate-busking." Sam offered.
"I don't think that's a good idea, with those bruised ribs and all." Felix chimed in, looking over at Sam sternly, knowing full well that the boy would do it anyway, if nobody stopped him. He'd only cause his injury to worsen if he wasn't careful.
"Well I guess we're back to scavenging again." Jake stated, standing up. "Come on. Let's go into town and see what we can find." He instructed, leading the way.

The three boys were walking through town, trying to find some decent food from somewhere.
"I really don't want to eat garbage again." Sam complained, as they crossed the road, stepping over a bike that was laying in the middle of it. They made their way over to a hotdog truck which had tables scattered around in from of it. The boys trotted their way over to one of the tables and sat down.
"We can try shoplifting again." Jake suggested.
"Yes because that went so well last time Jake." Felix snorted, his voice laced with sarcasm.
"We don't want to risk getting child services called on us again." Felix sighed.
"Guys, don't you think we should move that bike before-" Jake started, but was unable to finish; a car came speeding down the road and smashed into the bike that had been abandoned previously. The car swerved and crashed into a lamppost, causing the boys to jump, the bicycle went flying through the air before crashing on the ground. A slightly chubby man of average height came bounding out of the car, slamming the door shut.
"Fuck sake! Jesus shit!" The man's voice boomed and he stomped around. "What the-? Where the fuck did that-?!" He burst out. "What the fuck?!" The man exclaimed, his face beating red with frustration. "Oh look at it!" The man roared, a large green vein beginning to pop out of his overly large forehead. "Look at it!" He seethed. "Look at my fucking car!" He ranted, as a small crowd started to gather. The man stormed over to an old lady who was also watching the scene unfold. "You saw that didn't you?" He hissed harshly. "Did you? Did you see it?" The man pestered. The old woman had a look of shock on her face as she inched back slightly.
"I don't, I don't know." The woman stuttered, her shaded glasses slipping down her nose slightly. "You drove into the lamppost." She added, pushing a strand of her snow white hair out of her face.
"I did not!" The man raged, his sea blue eyes wide and his eyebrows furrowed in anger. "The fucking bike jumped out in front of me!" He hollered. "You must have seen it! You're my witness! Right?!" He badgered. The old lady just shook her head. "Are you blind?! Why is everyone around here fucking blind?!" The man demanded, his stomping his oversized feet on the ground like a fussy toddler. The boys' eyes wandered over to the girl casually sitting in the front passenger seat of the car. She was probably a couple years older than them and had long dark brown glossy locks that fell past her shoulders. Her black winged eyeliner contradicted her porcelain skin and caused her alluring azure eyes that were piqued with mystery to stand out. The girl's nails were painted a dark purple, and she had a cigarette wedged between her two fingers. Her infatuating eyes locked with Jake's as she reached up and brought the cigarette to her light coral pink lips, casually taking a drag.
"That girl's looking at you Jake." Felix commented, observing the situation.
"Yeah." Jake breathed, not taking his eyes off of the girl.
"Or maybe she's looking at me." Sam grinned, sitting back in his chair confidently.
"She's not looking at you Sam." Felix stated, rolling his eyes.
"Okay." Sam responded solemnly, looking down at his lap.
"Nice hair." Felix observed. "She's got nice hair, and nice eyes." He added. The girl breathed the smoke out of the window, not taking her eyes off of the boys, a small smirk dancing across her face. Jake sent the girl a small shy smile. The man's shouting was still heard faintly in the background as he called the old woman a 'fucking bellend'.
"She's absolutely lovely." Felix chimed, smiling faintly himself. Jake then turned his back to his friends and noticed that Sam was gone, and the once full bottle of ketchup that was on their table was on its side, half empty with a quantity of the sauce smeared across the table. Jake peered around curiously, wandering where his friend went, then turned his attention back to the man who was screaming at the old lady.
"Where is your fucking wank-stick woman?!" The man demanded. "I cannot believe that you are as stupid as you look!" He bellowed.
"Oh for fuck sake." The man huffed, reaching into his pocket. "I want your mobile number." He commanded, getting his phone out of the pocket of his perfectly pristine suit jacket.
"I don't have one." The old lady spluttered.
"Well your fucking email address then!" The man shrilled. "Look at the state of my fucking car!" He ranted. The old lady stood straight, shock and disgust at the man evident on her features. "You must have seen something you demented old muppet!" The man snarled. Suddenly, Sam came stumbling over out of nowhere; his hand holding his head; his features pinched together in pain; and a red substance smeared across his face.
"Ahh." Sam ground out. "What happened?" He drawled. The man stormed over to him.
"Is that your bike you fucking idiot?" The man barked. Sam breathed heavily, then stood up a little straighter.
"I was signalling you, you just kept coming." Sam snapped, gesturing with one hand over at the road, the other still clasped on his head. Jake and Felix looked at each other, confused; it wasn't Sam's bike. Felix saw the ketchup bottle that was left abandoned, and picked it up. Realisation dawned on the two boys, they knew what Sam was doing.
"I didn't even see you for Pete's sake!" The man challenged. "You came out of fucking nowhere!" He roared, his hands flying around.
"I was trying you make you see me!" Sam countered. "You just kept coming man!" The boy shouted. Then grasped his head again wincing in 'pain'. The man shook his head wildly.
"No that's bollocks." He scoffed. "Now listen-" the man began, but was interrupted by Sam gesturing over to the bicycle shouting,
"You've wrecked my bike!" He then added, "You just ran straight through me!" The boy then turned, he bent over clutching his head again.
"No! That is not right!" The man screamed, towering over Sam. He then turned to look around him, he turned back around resting his eyes back on Sam again.
"You haven't got a witness." The man stated.
"Nobody saw me knock you off your bike." He added. Sam put a pained look on his face, and glanced up at the man.
"I did." The old lady chimed in. The man turned to face her. "It was just like he said." The woman smirked. "You ran him over, and now he's bleeding." She stated, a smug grin spread across her face.
"Profusely." Sam added. "Perhaps we should call a policeman." The boy started, reaching into his pocket. "I think it's a crime to-"
"No, no, no, no, no." The man interrupted. "There is no need for that." He objected, reaching into his pocket, pulling his wallet out. "I'm sure we can sort this out." The man stated sorting through his money. "Let me buy you a new bike." He offered, shoving a bundle of cash into Sam's face. However, Sam's attention had been captured, by the intriguing girl in the passenger seat of the car.
"Look, take it." The man nagged, waving the money in Sam's face.
"Come on!" He pestered. "Take it! Have the lot!" Shoving the money into Sam's hands, snapping the boy out of his trance. "Have the whole fucking lot-" He carried on, dropping a handful of change on the ground. "Oh bollocks!" The man fumed, bending down to pick it up.  "Forgive and forget, okay?" He yelled, then turned around to the old lady. "Okay?!" He spat. Suddenly a tall buff young man came speeding over to the old lady.
"Everything alright Nan?" He asked, peered over at the other man, his rippling muscles showing underneath his tight t-shirt.
"Oh yes." The man blubbered, sinking back slightly at the sight of the large muscular young man in front of him. "There was a slight incident, but it's all sorted out now." He babbled. The old woman began to explain to her grandson what had happened. The girl stepped out of the car and advanced over to Sam. She locked her eyes with his, the girl reached out and scraped some of the sauce off of Sam's face. She brought it back into her mouth licking it off of her fingers. The then put her hand down, and smirked at the boy.
"Hmm. Sweet." She declared, then turned and sauntered away. Her every move emitted confidence. Jake and Felix then shuffled over to Sam, and the three of them were left staring after the mysterious girl.