one

Gumball

Isn't this just a wonderful pickle? I got my trolley bag stuck on the dirt once again. Mum was right, I should've just packed a duffel bag or something but it is quite of a load. "Come on, Bobby! Hurry up!" Fionna called out to me. She was far too excited to wait for me; she was also too far away to even catch up with, I, on the other hand is still approximately 10 meters away from camp grounds. "Bobby! Stop being a slowpoke, hurry up!" I rolled my eyes only because: one, she's annoying but a very good friend and two: I'm not sure why I even planned to come back here. I didn't even plan at all. I was just.. drawn. I looked down at my shoes and stopped for a moment.

Why did I come back here?

"Bobby!" Fionna screamed at my face. Honestly, that is both disgusting and unladylike for her. Then, again, she wasn't as ladylike as she should be. I shook my head, swords, she says. "What're you thinking about?" She searched my face for answers but she never gets what I was thinking nor what I was saying. "Nothing, Fi. Why are you even so excited to go back?" Fionna smiled really wide, I'm pretty sure, it hurt. She started giggling uncontrollably; confused, I went up to her and patted her back. "Hey.. what is it?" I was concerned about this girl. I don't know whether I should watch her do her own thing or help her. I chose the latter. "It's just that.. I-I get to see this guy again last year; which to my extent, I didn't get to talk to more because it was already Leaving Day when I saw him." Her face was as red as a tomato. I sighed and smiled. "What does he look like?" Her eyes brighten up another lighter shade of blue and her cheeks a tint of pink. Hah, my hair. "Oh Glob, B, he's looks so.. so.. amazing!" She said, with too many affectionate sighs and twirling. She fell to the ground, obviously dizzy but still entranced by this boy she's got her eye on.

I picked up my trolley bag and carried Fionna's as well. "Come along, Fionna. Let's get going. Maybe you'll see him on the way" I lightened up her mood more, she squealed and began running towards the gates. I, again was left with only 5 meters to the gates with a bunch of luggage that my noodly arms can carry.

I looked up at the camp I'm afraid I'll be graduating from. It's been three, fun, long years. It's my fourth year and it's time to leave. So, I'd rather spend the whole 2 months here with great excitement and joy. Don't think about it, Bobby. It's going to be fine. I sighed, knowing lying to myself isn't even an effective way to make myself feel better. It only makes things worse.

I dragged all the luggage to Fionna who was now busy talking to, what seems to be: Cake. I was about to wave at the both of them when a car screeched beside me, a limousine, for that matter. My eyes grew wide staring at the posh, limo in front of me. The car door was opened by a chauffeur and a girl, probably older than me by a lot of years emerged. Wearing sunglasses way to big for the brows to be exposed.

I wonder who this was, I haven't seen her here in my three years of staying. The girl stopped in front of me and a small smirk playing on her face. That was disgusting and odd, why is she smirking at me? I can see where she's looking, at me. The girl lowered her sunglasses and did me a ones-over. She chuckled and gave me a wink. My spine tingled and that was a bad feeling. She's preferably bad news.

I watched her saunter in those heels in solid dirt towards the council room. She's probably a new teacher; either way, I didn't want to know. "Bobby!" Again, my trusty buddy. Fionna is by my side along with Cake, her best friend since 1st year here. "Who was that?" The both of them asked, both at the same time. I shook my head, indicating that I did not know who that was. The two girls looked at each other and had this, what looked like, a silent conversation with their eyes. They always did that and whenever I asked what it was, they would turn their backs at me and walk away. Leaving me a confused mess. I looked at both of their faces and they had the same face after every silent conversation: a determined, smug grin. Which I don't know how to pull off with my face. I suppose I'm too stiff.