Chapter 18 : Alcohol and Needles

"It won't be easy." I sighed and Ed kissed me softly "We will figure it out baby I promise." I nod holding Ed's hand as he drove us to pick up the children from school and take them to shopping center, we have to pick out new sports shoes and a few more formal outfits for another band show coming up. We've also made plans to go with John and Imogen to a festival and lunch on Saturday.

In the shopping center is chaos, fans keep coming up to Ed asking for photos, I move to the side and look around with the children as he entertains them, I smile watching him as I know he loves interacting with his fans and they are what made him who he is. As I'm handing the children outfits to go try on an older girls comes up to me "Are you Ed's girlfriend?" I look at her and smile "I think that's a question better answered by him, he won't bite you." She smiles walking over to him and points over to me he smiles brightly and they converse for a bit before he hugs her and takes a photo then walks over to me wrapping his arm around my waist and kissing my forehead "So when do you want to tell the kids Nic?"

"I guess when we're closer to being ready." He nods and the children come out showing off their outfits, Ed smiles clapping for them and they laugh going to change back into their uniforms. Once I've paid we leave and head home to have dinner. After dinner we decide to watch a short film about animals then head off to bed. The rest of the week flies by and its Saturday before we know it.

We're all getting ready to meet John and Imogen at the festival after we've had breakfast. We get in the car and head out meeting them at the gates, we exchange hugs and get our wristbands before heading inside. We walk through all of the booths admiring all of the artwork and jewelry for sale. Imogen and John use this time to explain the different styles and reasons for the artists supply choices.

Ed and I find a really beautiful painting that would look great in the front room and decide to buy it. Alayah finds jewelry that she loves and the boys find old fashioned toy cars and we get those as well. Once we've gone through everything the children ride a few rides and Ed plays a couple of the games they have set up winning stuffed toys for the children. Once they return from the rides and he hands them over they are extatic hugging him and jumping up and down with joy thanking him. We all laugh at them before we head out to have lunch, we've had only a few people walk up looking for photos or autographs and Ed doesn't seem to mind obliging.

The children ask to ride with John and Imogen while Ed and I follow behind then in Ed's car. Ed rubs my thumb as we drive "That was fun Nic, I love just doing things as a family." I nod looking to him and smile admiring how much he really does love the children. "Me too Eddie. I love you." He glances over to me and smiles before pulling my hand to his lips kissing it softly "I love you too Nic."

We park next to Ed's parents and walk into the restaurant together before we're seated. We order our drinks and look over the menu for what we'd like to eat. "Well the children have asked if they can stay the night with us, is that alright with you?" Says Imogen, I look at Ed who looks as though he's thinking then look at the children who look eager. "Mum you're taking away from my weekend fun time!" Ed whines and I laugh "Oh Ed you sound like a child!" He gives me a dirty look then turns to his mother.

Imogen is laughing as well as she says "Well you and Nicole can have a nice dinner alone or go out or whatever you like." Ed nods then looks at me "I guess I could have fun with her." I pretend to be offended and Ed rubs my leg under the table, his thumb brushing my upper thigh and I shift in my seat. We get our food and eat continuing our conversations about the kids schooling and what John and Imogen have been doing as Ed's hand continues sliding up my skirt.

I give him a glare and place my hand over his as we begin to get ready to leave. Ed's parents follow us to ours to get the children clothes then we hug them all goodbye and they go on their way. Ed turns to me and smiles "So what would you like to do tonight baby?" "Oh I dunno Eddie what would you like to do?" Ed smiles hugging me tight "How about we be lazy and watch films right now because I want to take you out tonight."