A Refusal

He hadn't expected the slap. Or the elbow to the ribs. Or even the kick to his balls. Asher was simply amazed as he fell to the ground, withering in pain, with his mate standing victoriously above him. The slap hadn't done much damage nor the elbow, after all, he was a wolf and built a little more than most humans, but to his manhood, well, no one could take that pain.

Cecilie gasped as he quickly stood back up, shaking his head like a wet dog. "That wasn't very nice," Asher said as his jaw worked. He was obviously mad. So why did she get the feeling he was slightly turned on?

"Neither were you," she huffed, getting ready to run again. "I can have you arrested for sexual harrassment. What you were doing..." She couldn't even get herself to finish. Honestly, could this day get anymore bizarre?

"It's only natural to display affection toward your mate," he barked.

Cecilie glared back at him. "There you go again with the mate thing! What the hell are you talking about?"

Asher's face paled as he realized his mistake. He had forgotten Leo's little episode of cornering Lily and then remembering she was human and knew next to nothing of what he was saying. Cecilie must have thought he was insane. Well, there went his first impression.

Asher sighed. "Ah, right. We should go back to my house to explain-"

"I'm not going anywhere with you!" Cecilie pulled her hand away from his. "You are crazy. I'm going home."

Asher ran ahead, blocking her way. "No, let me explain."

"Get out of my way, Asher."

He sighed and closed his eyes. When she said his name it did weird things to him. Is this what Leo was talking about? Some tear jerking instinct?

He could hear the shift of her weight as she lifted her hand again. He caught it before she could slap him this time. Angry, she brought up her other hand and he too captured that wrist. Then, in a moment of fury he walked her backward until she was pressed against him and a tree, her hands pinned to either side of her under his own.

Cecilie could practically see the change of emotion in his eyes, turning that anger into lust. He leaned in to kiss her, but Cecilie moved her head to the side so he got her cheek.

Asher was just fine with that though. His lips worked from her cheek to her jaw, down to her ear. She shivered at his touch, her fists clenching as his mouth went down her neck.

"Let me go," Cecilie growled. She would have tried to kick him, but he managed to get both her legs on either side of his body, making her attacks futile. With the way he worked you'd think he did this to every innocent girl passing by.

His lips came back up to her ear. "Let me kiss you." His voice was husky. There was no promise of releasing her, only intent on getting what he wanted.

Cecilie moved her head so she met his eyes. "Go to hell," she grumbled.

Those blue eyes blinked, startled, like he hadn't expected her to refuse him. His grip on her loosened enough for her to shove him away.

Their breath came out in pants as they simply stared at each other.

Asher pleaded, "Please, just...come to my house. Let me explain."

"Why should I?" Cecilie demanded. "You corner me in a forest, naked, and then sexually harrass me! How the hell can I trust you?" She felt herself asking that whenever she looked into his eyes. They strangely made her feel calm, like her body was telling her she could trust him. But that was stupid. A pair of eyes couldn't do that. No matter how sexy they were...