Nightmares

This chapter is way overdue. I'm so sorry! I had some major writers block. T-T Also, I re-read this story and it seriously bugged me so I think I'm going to be doing some serious editting lol. Now, to the late chapter!

She should have known this was coming.

Asher stood two feet away with a knife aimed at her grandmother.

"Asher, stop!" Cecilie screamed, jumping between the two. Only her grandmother didn't look scared. She was delighted.

"So this is the wolf?" The old woman cackled. "I should have known it was just a pup."

Asher's eyes changed into slits, more animal than man. "You lied to me, Cecilie!" He barked out. With a threatening look, he raised his hand. "Now you're going to wish you hadn't!"

The blade came down at the same time she screamed.

Cecilie sat upright in bed, face drenched in sweat, and stared at the room before her.

It was just a dream. A horrible, sick dream.

That was slowly becoming reality.

Cecilie groaned and fell back on her bed. She had to do something to keep either of them from finding out. If her grandmother knew she was a werewolf’s mate, she'd probably disown her. And Asher would...what, kill her? She winced at the memory of him raising a blade to her throat.

It probably wouldn't happen that way, she told herself. After all, Asher's a werewolf. Why would he use a knife when he had teeth?

Okay, so not helping, Cecilie scolded. She stood and walked to the bathroom, washing off her face. Things were going out of control. She had no friends at school to come to her defense. Not even her grandmother could help. She was in desperate need of someone to talk to.

Cecilie pulled out her cell phone and sighed, dialing his number.

***

"You're such a stalker," Aiden chuckled, watching as Asher paced outside Landen's bedroom. His older brother was dressed in casual clothing; a T-shirt and shorts. He was barefoot, which usually meant he was getting ready for a shift. "Does Cecilie know this fun fact about you?"

Asher growled under his breath. "She's my mate. I'm allowed to worry about my mate."

"To the point that you'd kidnap her?"

"Its not kidnap!" Asher defended, feeling like a child under Aiden's cruel smirk. "If her grandmother is insane, she obviously can't stay there! I'm thinking about her well-being."

"And the idea of sleeping with her never crossed your mind?"

Asher's cheeks burned, but he ignored the new human emotions he was experiencing. They started to crank up the moment he met Cecilie, which was both pleasant and unsettling.

Landen's voice called from the other side of the door. "Hey, I think I-"

Asher was inside the room, looking over his younger brother's shoulder at the monitor. There was a picture of an old newspaper explaining the mysterious deaths that occurred to the wolf pack.

"Hunters." Asher's voice was low and dangerous. They hadn't encountered any since his father died. That day he vowed revenge for what they did to his family.

"So what does this have to do with Cecilie?" Aiden asked, standing in the open doorway.

"That's the thing. I'm not sure yet." Landen called up another document. "But I have a feeling her grandmother might know."

***

"Cecilie?" Tristan's voice sounded so nice on the phone. Cecilie felt the lonely ache in her chest expand. It had been way too long.

"Yeah, it’s me."

"You called." The happiness in his voice was overwhelming, making her feel guilty. "You remember what you promised, right?"

"Yes." Cecilie walked toward her window and stared into the starry night. "I remember."

"When can I come over?" She imagined him already looking around his house for the car keys. That brought a smile to her face. Most definitely Tristan.

"Maybe...Maybe you should wait till I come to you," Cecilie hesitated, suddenly nervous. Her life here was way too bizarre to get Tristan involved. Heaven knows what the wolves would do.

"Are you kidding? I've waited months for you to call me! I'm not about to let second thoughts get in my way." There was the slamming of a car door. "Tell you what. I'll drive over there and we can do whatever you want."

"I sorta wanted to talk."

"We can do that, too." The engine of his car started up. "I've really missed you, Cecilie."

Cecilie took a deep breath, rubbing her sore temples. "Me too."

OMG everyone I saw a guy that looks kinda like Wade Poezyn (the guy I picked to play Asher) in my college tour! And according to my friend he was checking me out. xD Further inspiration for this story, yeah? ;]

So the other Mating Season story is posted on wattpad!! Check it out - A Wolf Obsessed Mate: Lucas Meets His Match