Cowgirl Roots

All works and writing is my own. Please do not steal my writing and call it your own, this is a big step for me.

Chapter 1

The water is clear and calm, the sun is shining bright, and there isn't a cloud in the sky. As I lay listening to my iPod it makes me appreciate the city I have been raised in. Despite all my troubles I can always come to the beach and relax, forgetting the issues of my everyday life. Unfortunately my parents decided to move back to Texas. I love Texas but to move back versus' visiting is two different things. The worst part is well actually there are many down sides. For starters they didn't even ask me if I was okay uprooting my life and moving and secondly I am going to be a junior in high school. So I don't get to graduate with all my friends at least I don't have to say goodbye to a boyfriend because lucky me, I am the tall, tan, brunette that no guy finds remotely interesting.

Today is my last day to enjoy my life for tomorrow we leave to drive to Austin, Texas. Luckily my parents bought me a car when I turned 16 so I get to drive by myself. They are not thrilled about it but I need to come to terms with moving...

Wow!! A two story house and it has a pool, at least they chose a great house. I park and go inside straight to the master bedroom upstairs. Yes!! I can live with this; I change into my ratty clothes and help them unload the moving vans. As I walk back and forth I notice my surroundings, a nice neighborhood though the kids that look my age don't seem very friendly. It is late into the night when my room is unpacked and organized.

"April Matthews get down here now!!!" what did I do?

"Yes ma'am?"

"You forgot to do something"

"Ma'am?" what are you talking about? School starts next week you and I went shopping for clothes before we left and we already got my school supplies.

"You forgot to open your gift" she smiles and produces a wrapped box from behind her. A gift; hmm I take it and squeal before hugging her then my dad tightly.

"Thank you! This is going to make school so much easier" I dart upstairs and plug it in; they are without a doubt the best parents. I can't believe they got me a laptop...

"Momma I'm going to the park for a run" when I get to the nearby park it is mid-day and just a tad bit hot. The trail is covered by trees every now and then. I begin to notice how empty the park is... that is until I rounded the corner and run into the best looking guy I have ever laid eyes on.

"I am so sorry" I mumble as I pull my earphones out, he steadies me then smiles, wow that is the most heart flipping smile. My breath catches in my throat as I stare up into his green eyes.

"You alright?" all I can do is nod. I put my ear buds back in and begin running again aware that I may never see him again. When I get back to my car the sun has begun to set on the horizon. I am leaning against the hood with my hands on my knees when I see him again. His dark hair is long but short and he has a strong build to him not to mention he is taller than me and that's saying something. Afraid he may notice me staring I lower my head and grab my keys from my purse and drive home. I went running the next day around the same time and didn't see him I guess it was just luck to run into him...

So this is my first time publishing any of my writing. Please be courteous to me, comments on my writing is appreciated:) Depending on the feedback I get back from this story will determine if I continue to post or not.