Chapter Eight

"Everyday's the same. She fights to find her way. She hurts, she breaks. She hides, and tries to find her way. She wonders why. Does anyone ever hear her when she cries?"

-Britt Nicole, When She Cries

"Doctor Lawson, there must be some mistake. Something must be wrong with the test." I refuse to believe that my baby is gone. I refuse, but in the end, I must face the fact. It's just to much hurt to bare. Brent steps out of the room without a word. Nothing. He just walks out. This is one of the times that I need him most. His baby, our baby, gone. How? Everything was fine until I fell. I don't even know how I fell. All I know is that I want my baby back, and I will get it one way or another.

Brent's P.O.V

I can't believe what is happening. Christina won't face the fact that our baby is destroyed. If she wasn't so clumsy then maybe-No. I can't blame this on Christina. It's not like she wanted to hurt the baby. She loved it. She would sing to it, and talk to it. She would have been a wonderful mother. I let out a sob. "Stop being a wuss, Brent." I say out loud. I have to collect myself before I walk back in. I tell myself it's ok. Because in the end, we can always try again.

Doctor Lawson's P.O.V

I feel sorry for her. She's seventeen and she just found out that her first child won't be in her arms. I know what it feels like. I haven't seen my son for ten years. It's all because of mistakes. But she'll be ok, she could only picture her child. I had to be carried away from mine.

Christina's P.O.V

Brent walks back in and ask if he can talk to me privately. Something must be wrong. "Brent, I'm not in the mood." He gives me a pleading look, and I can't resist. We step out into the hall. "What's wrong, Brent?" He turns away from me, takes a deep breath, and turns back around. "Let's try again. If you want to. I can understand if you not ready, but please hear me out. We can try again. If we can't do it the second time, then we can stop." I look at him for a second. First, baffled. Then understanding. I push my lips to his, and pull away quickly. "Ok. Come on. Let's go. I will tell Doctor Lawson that we are leaving." He nods.

Brent pushes me onto the bed. Not in a way to hurt me, but in a playful way. He isn't worried about being careful anymore. Not right now anyway. He kiss my neck, and pulls my shirt off. He makes his way down to waist line. He unbuttons my jeans. He kisses my jaw line, and then my lips. I lace my fingers into his hair and he kisses me behind my ear. "I love you, Christina." He whispers. I want to say that I love him to, but I can. It's like I'm under a spell. His spell. He's mine and I am his. Forever. I slide my jeans off. He slides his hands up and down my leg, making me shiver. "Are you cold?" he asks. I shake my head. I'm to out of it to know what I'm saying right now. He kisses my stomach again and then then the place under my rib cage. He rubs my spine. He hits it. The spot that turns me on the most. I moan. "Brent!" I gasp. I can hardly breath. "Christina, are you ready?" I nod. I can't seem to remember where I'm at, or how I got there. He slides each of my bra straps down with his teeth. Then he slides the bra itself off with his teeth. I moan again. He laughs, but his laugh is almost a growl. He kisses my lips, my jaw line, my neck, working his way back down to my waist line. I'm ready for anything, but what he does surprises me. "I will love you until I die. I will give you every ounce of love that I have. I will love our child and treat him or her with respect. I will give you my heart. You and you only." He says. I wink at him. He laughs, maybe a growl, again. "Your so oblivious to your world right now."

Brent's P.O.V

She doesn't know what I just, at least I don't think, but I meant it. I love her with all my heart and soul. I will treat our child better then my father treated me.

***The Next Morning***

Christina still isn't up yet. I really need to talk to her, though. I found out something at the hospital.

Christina's P.O.V

I walk down stairs to find that Brent is already awake. He's tapping his fingers on the table while reading the newspaper. Since when does Brent read the newspaper? Ah, who cares. All I care about was last night. It was perfect. I look down and realize that I'm still not wearing any clothes. "Shit." I mumble under my breath. Brent look up and walks over to me. He looks me up and down like he's searching for something. He throws me over his shoulder and tosses me onto the bed. He starts tickling me. "Brent! Stop it! Now! Brent!" I giggle. I'm always happy with him.

I get a quick shower and put on some clothes. I'm not feeling to well, and I'm hoping that it's what I think it is. I walk back down stairs, and Brent is making breakfast. "Brent, you didn't have to?" He smiles. He seems to be in a better mood then he was yesterday. I smile back. I plop down into a chair and sigh. He looks over and raises an I brow at me. "What?" He shakes his head. When he's done making our plates he sits across from me. As I'm chewing my toast, he grabs my free hand. "I have something to tell you, Christina." I sit my toast on my plate and wipe my hand across my jeans to get the crumbs off. "What is it?" He looks at me and sighs. "When you fell asleep at the hospital. Doctor Lawson gave me a DNA test."

"Doctor James Lawson is my father."