Sam in Hogwarts (HP fan fiction)

* I do not own the characters in this book.  they all belong to JK Rowling, except for the few i have added*

I walked into King's Cross Station beside my brother and my parents, i was really excited today i was going to go to Hogwarts for the first time.  I couldn't wait!  I walked into platform 9 3/4 after my brother and ran straight to the train and put my stuff away in an empty compartment, then I went back and said goodbye to my parents.  Afterwards i followed my brother onto the train and he told me quietly "Sam, you better not tell anyone about me being nice to you, i've got a reputation to uphold."  "fine" i grumbled and turned to walk away, but Draco stopped me before i could leave "Oh, and you better keep to yourself, i won't have you following me everywhere."  "sheesh, i know. I'm not your pet, plus i want to be my own person!" i said getting annoyed.  After that i just turned and left without saying goodbye to my brother.

I got to the compartment where i had put my stuff in earlier and sat down and started reading a book.  Not long after the compartment door opened and in came in Harry Potter and some people i did not know.  "Hey, mind if we sit here? everywhere else is full."  "sure" i replied looking up from my book.  "I'm Harry, by the way. and this is Ron and Hermione" Harry said. "I'm Sam" i replied while putting my book away.

The train ride was fun, we talked and played exploding snap (I won, by the way. I'm really good at that game).  Soon the train stopped and I said goodbye to Harry and the others while i walked over to the boats.  As i was waiting for the rest of the first years to come i saw my brother leave Crabbe and Goyle's side and came over to me and wished me luck with the sorting.  I really don't know what the whole point is in sorting me.  I mean it's obvious i'm going to be in Slytherin, my whole family has been in that house.  Anyway, I got onto one of the boats with two girls i did not know, and didn't bother learning their names.  Soon we got to the castle.  It was AMAZING! Even better than the way my brother described it!  We got of the boats and were met by a very strict looking teacher, i think her name was McGonagall.  She led us over to a room where we were told to get ready for the sorting and then she went on talking about the four houses and blah, blah, blah.  I soon tuned her out, because i already knew all that stuff.

When Professor McGonagall finished ger speach we went to the Great Hall and the sorting hat burst into a song that i soon tuned out.  Then i heard someone call "Emily Abbott".  Seems like the sorting finally started.  Emily was put in Ravenclaw, and then they continued on with the sorting.  Finally they called "Samantha Malfoy" so i walked onto the stage and the sorting hat was put on my head.

Well this is strange, a Malfoy. But i can tell Slytherin won't do you much good.  So i shall put you in "GRYFINDOR".

'Wait! What?. I thought. Gryfindor? How can that be? I'm a Malfoy! i have to be in Slytherin.' I thought, shocked, while i walked over to the Gryfindor table.  It seemed like the whole school was also in shock, because no one clapped.  I sat down next to Hermione and looked at the Slytherin table.  Draco was there beside Crabbe, Goyle, and Pansy.  He looked really angry and disappointed.  I made a mental note to stay away from him for a while, at least until he cooled down.  He was no pleasant when he was angry, and i really did not want all that anger taken out on me.

The sorting continued but i didn't pay much attention.  Finally it ended and the feast began.  Man the feast was amazing!  i filled my plate with food and soon had a second helping of everything, even dessert.  Hermione and Harry looked at me strangly. "what" i said in between mouthfulls "i eat alot".

When i finished eating the plates cleared, and Dumbledore started talking.  However, i was to busy looking foward to sleeping, to pay much attention to what he was saying.  Even though i knew it was probably important and that i really should pay attention to what he was saying, i couldn't i was just to tired.  When Dumbledore stopped speaking a prefect lead me and the rest of the Gryfindors to the common room, and then showed me and the rest of the first years to our room. I quickly put on my PJs and got into bed. I fell asleep immediatly, not wanting to wake up tommorrow because i knew my parents where going to be extremely pissed off about me being put in Gryfindor, and i really did not want them to send me a Howler.  Even though i knew they probably would.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N:  Hey everyone this is just a quick fan fiction i felt like doing, i will keep this short because i know it gets really annoying reading the authors notes.  but anyway i should probably warn you that this takes place during the second harry potter book, but i will stray away from what it says in the book. in case you haven't already noticed :)

well anyway, please vote and fan.

thanks :)