Chapter 3: Madi

"LAILA!" I yelled excitingly while swinging open the door.

Laila laughed. "Hey Madi, I have so much to tell you. Let's go inside."

I grinned and pulled her inside.

"My parents aren't home right now, so if you need to rant extremely loudly go ahead."

Laila laughed again. "Alright, this is going to sound crazy but you have to believe me."

"Yesterday, I was walking around while it was raining, when all of a sudden I see this older woman. I was gonna just walk away, but when she started coming toward me the woman tripped. So I went to help her, and she like touched my shoulder and it started burning and now..."

Laila rolled her long sleeve up to show a fire tattoo on the side of her left shoulder, where the woman had touched.

I stood there in astonishment.

"Fire? But you're a surfer, why didn't you get a water one?" I questioned.

"I didn't get to choose Madi!" Laila said nervously. "You have to believe me."

I grabbed her by the shoulders. "I do believe you, what does it mean?"

She shrugged her shoulders. "I have no idea, I'm gonna go run to the restroom while you think about it."

As soon as she left there was a knock at the door. I went and opened it to reveal the same old woman.

She gave me a gentle smile. "Hello Madilynn. I've been looking for you."

I stepped back slightly. "How did you know my name?"

The woman ignored the question. "I do love your plants." She said gesturing to the dead plants outside her house.

I laughed nervously. "Thanks, no matter what I do the plants always die."

The old woman stepped towards me and placed her hand on the top of my left shoulder, her palm touching my collarbone. "That's okay Madilynn, I'm sure everything will be alright."

Her collarbone started to burn and the woman smiled kindly at me. "I have to go, but know you aren't alone." The woman winked and quickly left me standing in the doorway.

"Anyways..." Laila said walking into the room. "Madi? Are you okay?" She asked worriedly.

I slowly turned around. "I think that old woman was just here."

"What?!"

A/N: HEYYYYY GUYSSSS! Sorry I haven't updated, my parents are sort of reluctant to let me write on here, but I did anyways! PLEASE COMMENT AND VOTE! Also, if you have any questions, theories, or ideas please comment them! I'd love to see them!

~okginny