Chapter 4: Madi

I began pacing back and forth.
"She was an older lady, pretty, but older. She was super mysterious and just talked to me about my dead plants then she like touched my shoulder and left!" I exclaimed.
"Show me the shoulder she touched." Laila said calmly.
I pulled the collar of my shirt down slightly so my collarbone was revealed more clearly.
Laila gasped quietly, she pulled me into the bathroom down the hall and told me to look in the mirror.
Looking back at me, was me. Except for one thing, I had a tattoo of a...dead tree branch.
"Well at least it's fitting?" Laila acknowledged.
"Laila!" I groaned. "What does this mean?"
"Like I know! If I knew I would've told you by now!" Laila exasperated.
There was a quick knock on the door.
"I swear if she came back I'm gonna-"
"Just answer the door Madi."
I opened the door and Aiden West stood there, one of the most popular boys at school. He saw mine and Laila's tattoos and let out a sigh of relief.
"You met the lady too?" He asked confused.
Before any of us could interrupt he rolled up his sleeve to reveal an outline of a flower just above the inside of his elbow.
"You've got to be kidding me." We said in unison.

• • •

We were all sitting on my couch after Aiden had explained what had happened to him.
"And then she told me to come find you two!" He said shocked.
Aiden's blonde hair fell in front of his diamond blue eyes. He blew it out of his face and sighed. Aiden turned towards Laila.
"Laila, do you have any idea what's happening?"
Let's just say Laila lost it.
"WHY DOES EVERYONE KEEP ASKING ME THAT! IF I KNEW I WOULD TELL YOU!" She yelled slamming her hands down on the coffee table in front of them.

Then the strangest thing happened.

The coffee table started to burn and Laila's hands were on fire.