Chapter 2

I spend the next three hours throwing up in my bedroom by myself and I couldn't be more glad to be alone. My parents beg me to open the door so they could help me but I don't answer them. I'm glad when Tristan finally persuades them to leave me alone.

After my stomach stops twisting and turning, I lay on my bed with my arms hugging my belly. I look around my room and my parents have changed everything up. They took anything that I possibly could hurt myself with. I know what they were thinking, that I would kill myself. And it doesn't sound like a bad idea.

My legs start to ache along with my whole body. I wipe away the tears that are stained on my eyes and I force myself up. I pull my hair up into a messy bun and I blow my nose. I open my door and I hear laughter coming from the dining room. I'm glad they are doing great. I hold onto the wall for support of my painful legs as I walk into the kitchen that is attached to the dining room. The house immediately becomes quiet when they see me and I grab a packet of crackers out of the cabinet. I look through the medicine drawer to find one of my nausea pills but there is nothing in the drawer that is usually filled with a variety of medications.

I turn to face my mother and she makes eye contact with me.

"Where is my medicine?" I snap and she sighs before rising to her feet.

"I have it," she simply replies and Tristan, my father, and the light brown haired boy watches me.

"Why aren't they in the drawer?" I ask my mother as she goes in her purse and she grabs my prescription bottle.

"Your father and I think it's best if medicine isn't laying around in the house," she says as she hands me a single capsule for my nausea.

"Oh so I won't kill myself right?" I speak my mind and my father's fork falls out of his hand, making a loud noise as it hits against the plate.

"Elizabeth, that's enough. We have a guest in our house," my snotty mother informs me and I roll my eyes.

I walk over to the light haired boy and I extend my hand towards him. He watches me carefully as he frowns, unsure what to do.

"I'm sorry we haven't properly meet. I'm Elizabeth," I introduce myself and he slowly takes my hand, shaking it.

"I'm Liam," he gives me a small smile before letting go of my hand.

"So let's get to know each other, I'll go first," I tell him and I glance at Tristan. He covers his face with his hands, he knows what is coming.

"I've had cancer for many years now and I finally decided that I want to die. But you know since I'm not eighteen, I'm being forced to go through pain because my parents refuse to stop treatments. But in reality, I'm dying more and more everyday. So basically they are putting me through excruciating pain while I breathe my last breaths," I tell him and he looks terrified. I feel a hand grab onto my arm as it jerks me backwards. I stumble, almost losing my footing.

"Elizabeth that is enough!" My mother screams at me and I cross my arms over my chest.

"It's the truth mother. He better get used to me now because we know I'm being my charming self," I mock her from earlier and before I know it, her hand comes in contact with my cheek as she hits me hard.

I whimper in pain as my body aches all over.

"I hate you! Don't you see how much pain I'm in right now!" I scream at her and sharp pains hit my stomach.

"I am doing this for your own good!" She yells back and I fall to my knees as I bevel over in pain. I clench my eyes shut and I hear the bottom of a chair slide across the wooden floor.

"Look what you are doing. You are getting her worked up and you know how she is when she gets upset," my brother snaps at her and he bends down beside me.

"I'm going to be sick," I whimper and Tristan grabs the garage can just in time for me to throw up in it. I start to cry. I hate this. I hate living.

"Whatever. She will get over it," my mother replies as she walks upstairs away from us.

"Honey are you okay?" My dad asks me, running his hand over my back. I didn't even know he got out of his seat.

"No I hate this. I want it to be over," I look up at him and his face is blurry from my tears.

"I'll go talk to her," he reassures me and I hear his footsteps thump up the steps.

"Are you okay?" Liam asks me as he stands up from the table. I wish everyone would stop asking me if I'm okay.

I don't look up at him, I'm too ashamed and embarrassed. It was one thing to make my mother mad, but I didn't want to throw up in front of him or anyone for that matter. I don't like people seeing me in my vulnerable state. I hate crying, I only cry to myself. I never cry in front of anyone.

The thing about cancer is nobody understands how it feels until you get it. It feels like the floor is pulled from underneath you to know that it is possible not to live a long happy life, to only know you will die and to be forgotten. Everyone says you have to have a strong attitude if you want to survive, but it is harder than it seems.

"Elizabeth?" Tristan snaps me out of my thoughts and I look up.

Liam is crouched down in front of me and offers me a napkin. I give him a slight nod to tell him thank you and I take it from his hands, wiping my face off with it. Tristan moves the garbage can away from me and stands up, offering me a hand. I don't except it as I force myself to get off the ground. My knees almost give out and Tristan grabs my arm to help me to my room. On the way to my room, my parents walk down the stairs with shoes on along with light jackets. My mother ignores me as she walks past me but my dad stops to hug me.

"I'm taking your mother out for a while, we will be back," he whispers in my ear before kissing my forehead.

I watch them leave with Tristan standing beside me. When the door shuts, I walk into my bedroom. I shut the door behind me as I climb onto my bed.

Through the wooden door, I hear Tristan apologize to Liam but he said it was fine.

How can anyone say it is fine after what just happened? I humiliated myself in front of him and he doesn't mind.

I get up and I walk to the door, opening it slightly. I peek through the crack between the door and the frame around it. They are lounging on the couch and Tristan turns on the xbox. And in the first time in months, I decided to go in the living room. I walk towards them and I get a chill down my back. I hate this room more than any room in the house, well there is a reason for that.

I walk around the couch and I sit beside Tristan. When I look over at the two boys sitting beside me, they watch me carefully. I look down at the remote in Tristan's hand and he smiles to me as Call of Duty comes up on the screen.

"Welcome back," Tristan grins and I laugh.

I glance over to Liam and he had a controller in his hands just like I do.

"Hey Liam," I get his attention and his eyes shoot up to look at me, "sorry about earlier." I quickly apologize before setting up the game to play.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey everyone!!! sorry for the short chapter! Please give feedback....

I hope you all like it so far.... :)