Chapter 2- Consequences

Annie's POV:

I know I have 2 weeks to pack up but maybe we can leave sooner! I asked Mommy but she said no. I was very mad. "We don't have to leave for 3 weeks because we are sending our stuff early so it gets there on time" said Daddy. I got 3 boxes to put whatever I want to keep in them. Since we are moving across the country, we have to leave things behind. I first pack everything I want for sure. This doesn't count clothes because we are bringing all of them after we go through it and decide if it fits or if I don't like it anymore. After an hour of going through everything, I took a break. I decided to go find Hayley and see what she was doing. I found Hayley in her room with mommy. They were going through her clothes. Since I had no interest in that, I went to play with the dogs outside. The only problem was I couldn't find my shoes. I ran to the basement hoping I left them down there. When I walked down there, I saw Caleb's room light on. I haven't gone in there in forever. I stand right outside the door debating to walk in or not. I decided to walk in. I found Daddy going through everything. "What are you doing" I ask him. "I'm-I'm asking you to leave" he replied. "But why" I say, "your not throwing out his stuff are you?" "The truth is...I am." We are only getting 2 trucks. One for boxes and the other for all the furniture since we spent all this money on it already." "I still don't understand" I replied. "We need to cut some things out so we decided one box on Caleb's stuff and that's it." "He's a person too" I yell and stomp out of the room crying. 

Mommy found me a little later crying in my room. I told her what Daddy was doing and she agreed with it. "Annie. I'm going to say one thing and one thing only." There was a long pause. "Consequences."