I wish...

-Takumi POV-

"I- I'm fine..." Yukihira looked so torn, so conflicted over God knows what, and I felt absolutely terrible.

I had no idea how to help, what to do to help.

"You're obviously not," I said, rolling my eyes. "Come with me," promptly dragging Yukihira away.

The only problem was, I had no idea where we were going to go.

Time to improvise.

As we walked, I noticed something curious that I had seen on our way here.

Right out by the sea was a large rock overlooking the sea, with a perfect view of the sunset.

Once we reached the peak, I forcefully shoved Yukihira into a sitting position and plopped myself down right next to him.

Yukihira sighed, glaring at the lowering sun as if it had personally wronged him.

I smiled at his pouting face, chuckling inwardly as I turned my face back towards the sky.

As the sun set, it threw reds and yellows across the sky, the clouds scattering the colors into shades of purple and pink as the receding sky left behind a starry sky.

The blazing sphere of orange slowly set, dissolving the world into the soft rising light of the silver moon.

I looked back at Yukihira, his glowering face dissolving into one of awe, child-like delight displayed upon his face.

Although I felt a bit dizzy, I brushed off the feeling. It was probably nothing. But my eyelids felt heavy, my brain felt muddled and stuffed with cotton, and I felt sluggish and tired.

I placed my head on his shoulder, hoping for something stable to lean against.

"Hey, Taku-" Yukihira began, turning towards me.

In my half-conscious state, I gave Yukihira a small peck on the lips.

He froze against the sudden action, but then relaxed, stopping for a moment to drop a kiss on my forehead.

As if on cue, a bright streak of light flew across the sky, as if it were thrown from one side of the galaxy to the next.

"Make a wish," Yukihira whispered, wrapping his arms around me.

I wish this moment would last forever.

I would have enjoyed the embrace, and the warm fuzzy feeling spreading through myself, save for the sudden blots of black in my fading vision.

I felt light and dizzy, and couldn't keep my thoughts straight.

I felt the world dip and sway as Yukihira called my name worriedly.

My last thoughts before I passed out were, it's so nice to hear him calling my name.

I barely had time to finish that thought before I slumped onto the cold hard rock.