L'Angelo

-Yukihira POV-

I was panicking. Honestly, I had no idea what was happening.

I was experiencing one of the best moments in my life, but now the person who helped make it that way was knocked out.

But once instinct kicked in, I didn't even pause to think. I quickly scooped up Takumi into my arms and rushed over to the nurse's office, hoping I wasn't hurting him in any way.

~time skip~

I sighed in relief when I learned that it was just stress and anemia.

The nurse discharged Takumi into my care, leaving me to bring Takumi back to wherever. There really was only one place I could go.

My dorm room.

It was kind of difficult, but I managed to sneak around all the nosy dorm residents, taking care to avoid all the creaking steps on the stairs.

Sneaking into the dorm, for one, is hard enough- but while carrying another person in my arms? Every time I even made a small sound, I flinched, freezing and hoping no one had noticed me.

I was somehow able to open and close the door quietly, still cradling Takumi, making sure to close up the pipes that connected all the rooms together.

"You're really dumb, you know that?" I chuckled, after finally settling him into my bed. Pulling up a stool, I sat by the bed and reached out my hand, slowly intertwining it with Takumi's.

His hand was warm, and somehow seemed to be calloused and soft at the same time.

"Stress? Was it because of me? Am I that worrisome?" I sighed, looking down on his small frame, being swallowed up in the comforter.

"Were you so worried about our meeting that you forgot to eat? To sleep?" I whispered. "Idiot."

Takumi was silent, my only answers from the noises of the old dorm. But the comforting quiet gave me time to think. Did that kiss mean that Takumi liked me?

I sighed heavily, hanging my head, staring down at my feet.

But then I remembered, that warm fuzzy feeling, that feeling of being safe, that feeling of... love? Did Takumi think of it like that as well?

I laughed inwardly. I was hopeless. I was so hopelessly in love with my best friend.

As Takumi slept, I ran a hand through his hair.

I've always wanted to do that.

The soft hair slipped between his fingers, spreading across this pillow, giving Takumi the appearance of having a halo of soft golden light.

Just like an angel.

It was getting quite late. The moon was nearly setting, but I didn't care.

I'll stay here for as long as it takes for him to wake up.