One

When Jason was told his father and sister were still alive and he was being sent to live with them, he didn't know how to feel. Sure he was happy that he wouldn't have to live with his drunken mother anymore, but he was also upset that he was just now finding out that his dad and sister weren't dead. And of course he wasn't very happy to be leaving California to move all the way to New York to live with his supposedly very rich father.

So yeah he didn't know how to feel.

When the plane touched down he patiently waited for the crowd to slimmer down so he could get off. Upon exiting he picked up his luggage and made his way to the front of the airport. His sister had texted him earlier saying that she would be by with one of her friends to pick him up, as their dad was away on business.

A honk drew him out of his thoughts as he was meet with a beat up blue truck of which his sister leaned up against. As he approached, his sister greeted him with a large hug and a nervous smile.

"Sorry that dad couldn't be here, he is pretty busy this time of year," Thalia explained as she took his luggage and threw it in the back of the pick up truck. "And dad doesn't let me use his car after I crashed his last one, so Percy here agreed to drive us." She nodded at the teen who sat in the driver's seat. He looked about Jason's age, around seventeen, with shaggy black hair and sad sea green eyes.

With out another word he was shoved in the middle seat of the truck and Thalia squished in next to him. The truck made a questionable sound before the engine started and Percy was able to pull away from the airport.

The ride was awkward to say the least. His sister fiddled with the radio and Percy sat silently next to him, eyes glued to the road. Jason sighed drawing the other male's attention.

"So Thalia said your from California." Percy prompted.

He nodded, "Yeah."

A few seconds of silence passed before Thalia pulled away from the radio, "God you two are hopeless, Jason this is my friend Percy, Percy this is my bro Jason. You two have barely anything in common so I'm sure you will get along fine."

Percy gave a snort, "What a lovely introduction Thal."

She shrugged, "I try."

Soon enough they pulled to a stop out side of a large three story house. It was all white with a nice sized yard in front.

"Dang." Jason muttered.

Thalia laughed, "Wait till you see inside."