Strange girl

This was my first day in the college, when I had just come for admission sake, regular classes would start from the next day. I explored the campus and made my way to the class just to see where it was.  I met many new faces. I had come for my higher studies here, from a different school and all were strangers .I had explored only first half of the campus. It was a very bigger one,  still much of it was remaining . I was dressed up in a dark blue coat, inside it was black t-shirt, and a black long skirt, which supposed to be  the dress code. I had a free hairstyle and my hair was golden in colour. I asked the guard about the admission details and made my way to the corridor which he said about. Here many more students like me were waiting in front of the office, for it to open, so that they can get their admission forms and their batches. Some were waiting in front of the notice board for the attendor to put up their classes and sections. Most of our uniform was stitched and some were still in their casual wear. Tomorrow was the opening day, then the classes would go on. And now; I was totally confused. I didn't knew what to do and where to go first. I was hoping to find someone who can help me out. At this moment someone caught my attention!. It was a girl! So ,you guys may be wondering what is special in a girl?!. Yes, there isn't anything special in a girl ,if she is a usual one but, in a campus of higher studies,  a girl of,  might be around 9years ,dressed in a white untidy and short gown, long hair upto her back and which was too  shabby. So offcourse, she had no work around there, she was too younger than me and was not even wearing uniform. Moreover she was standing in the middle of the  forest,  in front of our college. It was a big evergreen forest ,and she was unusually standing there. A road separated the campus from the forest. I was confused. I looked around and tried to find out that wether anyone else was watching her, but no one seemed to notice. I tried to observe her clearly, but no use all of it was  vague. I went near to the compound boundary, and now she was clearly visible to me. I saw at her expressionlessly. Now ,this is important that her back faced me, I felt that she might be the daughter of some non-teaching staff, or may be a teaching staff itself, but what made her go right into such a dense forest? I had no explanation for whatever was happening. Then I felt might be she had gone for playing, now I began to worry for her, question arised that wether anyone knew that she is in the forest? I was waiting for her to turn, and at the same time I wanted to inform someone about her. Freeze! Now, she did something which freeked me out!. She bent and picked few stones and ate one of them!! Yes! I stood there horrified!. Well, now I had told that her back faced me right? So how did I get to know she ate it or not? That is because, when she did this peculiar thing, she turned on her side so that her left side was visible to me clearly. I rubbed my eyes to confirm whatever I just saw. I was sure, she had eaten a stone just now!! Then I felt ,might be she is one among those stubborn kids who eat up whatever they get. And offcourse she was very young to understand the difference between eatables and throwables. Then I thought, no so much young actually! Now I was getting confused. At this moment,  I was sure that she wasn't the daughter of our college staff because none of the staff members or their relatives were so insane!. I had met them during the schooling programme arranged during our summer holidays , much before this day. Now she did something else which just creeper me out. Remaining stones ,which she had picked up ,were still in her hands and she just gulped them up!!.This was too insane. I was not able to believe my eyes!. At this moment, many questions arised in my mind regarding this girl. Before I could think any more, or do anything to stop her doing such rubbish things,  she ran deep into the forest and when i saw her doing so I wanted to follow her, i moved two steps ahead and before I could go behind her...