Chapter 22

Becca's P.O.V. 

I was currently in a deserted meadow that housed beautiful flowers. The morning sun was just beginning to rise and I wasn't sure what to do now. 

It took me a while to find Dana, but the Beta and I found her dead, lifeless body that had signs of a vampire taking her life. I've been quiet to everyone since then, not speaking or uttering a single sound or word. 

My brother has finally snapped and went back to work on his Alpha duties while his little mate is furious about that. I smiled while thinking that for now my brother is back on track where he should be. It just took him the loss of a wolf pup to snap him out of whatever spell his mate had on him. 

I was currently on a hill, overseeing the whole meadow and only wished that Dana had never left because of that horrid woman. I'm not a hundred percent sure, but I think that my brother is actually mad at her, but I can't tell because he fights with his wolf constantly. 

He actually pulled me aside last night and told me what his wolf was saying. As much as his wolf wanted his mate, he didn't at the same time. I only listened, not uttering a word because I was still mourning over Dana and Lesia was still in tears about the loss of her only friend that was her age. 

The sun shined brighter for a second and I had to cover my eyes from the brightness. Looking at the meadow again I noticed that there was a pale body with a blue dress on. Getting up, I walked over towards the body, confused on when the person got here and what they were doing here. 

I gasped when I noticed that it was Hazel laying in the tall grass. I knelled down next to her and quickly checked her forehead to see if anything was wrong with her. As soon as the back of my hand touched her forehead, she groaned and started moving. 

Her eyes widened in pure shock when she finally took me in before taking a look at her surroundings. She tried to open her mouth and ask me something, but no words came out of her mouth and she started frowning. 

"You're in pack territory, don't worry, you're safe here," I croaked out considering it was one of the first words leaving my mouth after a good four days. I could feel fresh tears coming to my eyes again. 

Her eyes seemed to widen in horror just a tiny bit before she started looking around again. Her eyes seemed to zone in on the forest that was a good five miles away from where we currently were. 

"Hazel, you're fine," I whispered while placing my hand on her shoulder. She frowned at me while trying to speak again, and yet there was still nothing coming out of her mouth except air. 

She tried slowly to say one word, and it wasn't the best because I am horrible at reading lips. It took about a minute before I understood that she was trying to ask how. 

"I'm not sure, I've been here for a good twenty minutes before I saw something blue in the meadow. I came down to investigate and found you here passed out," I explained to her. She threw me a confused look while trying to think about something. 

I could feel new tears appearing while thinking about the last time I saw Hazel and she was with Dana and Lesia, right before Dana ran away from the pack territory. Hazel threw me a worried look as I started to cry. 

I shook my head while whipping the tears from my now red eyes before saying, "Dana ran away because of my brothers mate a-a-and n-now s-she's d-d-d-d-dead." My cries turned into sobs at seeing all the blood in the forest along with the smell of vampire that was faint in the air. 

"W-we were too late to save her," I whispered while clutching my knees to my chest, having a hard time breathing again. I haven't been the same ever since I found all of that in the forest. My brother doesn't even know that I have trouble breathing. The only thing that he knows is that Dana went missing, no one found anything in the forest except me.