10.

THE THREE SIBLINGS all laid in bed asleep, except for Chloe, who was in her room staring in the mirror. Something was different.

***

The front door unlocked and slowly creaked open as the woman stepped inside and noticed that the living room was a mess.

The TV was knocked over, and the couch was flipped on its side. A crushed cherry juice box laid on the floor next to scattered rainbow goldfish.

The tape box also laid on the floor surrounded by fallen DVDs and VCRs.

The movie that Gavin, Chloe, and PJ had watched was on top of the pile of tapes. The title near 'Hush' read, "Hush Little Chloe". Gavin must have missed the real title when picking up the tape before.

The woman's eyes flashed yellow and then a deep purple. She lightly chuckled and smirked. They watched the tape, didn't they? That means they saw my true form. . .

"Hmm," the woman glanced over the living room mess again

"Hmm," the woman glanced over the living room mess again. She knew Chloe would reach her full form eventually.

***

Upstairs, Chloe placed her hand on the mirror as she stared back at herself. Weirdly, her reflection appeared exactly like the woman in the film.

The glass in the mirror shattered when Chloe's true form appeared in the reflection.

Chloe whimpered until tears began to stream down her cheeks.

Chloe had now become a monster.

She turned her head, spotting the woman at her bedroom doorway. She gasped when she recognized the familiar face.

"Mommy?" Chloe's sweet voice called out.

***

THE END

Any plot questions I'll answer in the comments. :) Thank you for reading! I hope you enjoyed Hush! :D Check out my other books!

- Andria
(@aandriaa)