Writing Prompt 132

I was on the warm beach-enjoying the sound of lapping waves, and soaking in the sun- when something caught my eye. My head whipped over so fast I thought I'd get a crick in my neck. Hold up, it looked like that guys hands were on fire. I nearly screamed but realized the flames were gone. Only seconds later they were back again and they had me doubting my sanity, they flickered in and out of focus as I squinted at them.

Then it came to my attention that the guy, whose hands were on fire, was looking at me. He looked alarmed and quickly turned away from me and began to run. Not before I noticed his muscles though. . . What was the pint of running? Whatever, I wanted to find out. I hopped off my towel and snatched my sunglasses off the sand. Instantly going into a sprint I regretted my choice of bikini, it wasn't very supportive. Because my modesty was stronger than my urge to follow that boy, I grabbed my coverup and pulled it over my head as I ran.

He was almost out of sight. Good thing I was the best in the county for track. Running was my skill. I quickly cut the distance between us in half. But, thinking that I wouldn't follow him, he slowed to a walk. I did to. Well, a fast walk. I pulled by sunglasses tighter and my coverup up to my neck. Maybe he wouldn't see me. I wanted to find out what the heck had just happened. I slowly, inconspicuously met his pace, a couple feet away. There were a bunch of people on this part of the beach though, so he probably wouldn't see me. I slowly moved closer and closer until I slung my arm through his and swiped my sunglasses off.

He jumped. His frightened eyes met mine. I smiled. But the way his expression changed from frightened to malicious in two seconds frightened me. He looked around him in a circle and then grabbed my arm. It surprised me into silence. Then we disappeared. But not before he said "You shouldn't have seen that. Now you're in danger." And the last thing I could smell as we did whatever we did was his smell. And gee whiz, he smelled good.

Take it from here!

Okay, so I got nine books from the library and guess what?! All of them sucked and I couldn't even finish them. Ugh. Whatever lol, I'll survive. My prom is this Friday, and I'm kind of excited though I of course don't have a date ;). I'll add pictures of my dress later maybe :). Thanks for reading!

Payton Janae :).