2: Definitely Marners

Gray
I'm making my three year old twin boys dinner while their eyes are glued to the Toronto Maple Leafs game on the TV. It's the first day of the 2016-2017 season. I look at the TV while making Mac and cheese. The boys scream their heads off as Toronto takes the lead late in period 1.

"Connor, Ryan come to the table!" I said from the kitchen.

 So glad it's intermission. I put their Leafs bowls on the table and help them both into their booster seats. Never thought I would have kids at nineteen, let alone three year olds.

"Mommy can we go to a Leafs game?" Connor asked. "Maybe buddy." I said.

God they look so much like Mitch it's not even funny. Connor and Ryan are identical twins. They both have Mitch's big blue eyes, his brown hair, and his mouth, as well as nose. There is no Lauren about them. They're definitely Marner boys. They eat then go watch the second period. I do the dishes, and as I do the dishes I hear them scream.

"MOMMY MARNER SCORED!" Ryan exclaimed. "That's great buddy!" I smiled.  I wish I could tell them Mitchell Marner is their father but it's just not the time.

I wake up the next day, get the boys up, they dress themselves and they've both got on Matthews shirts with jeans and black converse. They're so cute. They dressed themselves. Why must they grow up?
I take a picture of them then post it to Instagram.

mitchymousemarner: The twins dressed themselves today 💕💙 @auston_matthews and they chose your shirt today. I love my boys 😍

I put my phone down to get dressed myself. I put on a blue and white plaid flannel with a plain white t-shirt underneath with a pair of skinny jeans and my white ankle boots. I braid my hair and then get the boys ready to leave.

 "Who's ready to go see Grandma?" I asked. "ME!" Connor and Ryan exclaimed. They run to my brand new blue 2017 Ford F-150. "Boys you guys forgetting something?" I asked, holding their North Face jackets up. They laugh and run back to me. They put their jackets on and then get into the truck. I get in and I drive us to my parents house to pick my mom up for breakfast. I text her and tell her I'm here. "Mama we want Nutella waffles." Connor said. "I think that will be a possibility." I smiled. My mom walks out and gets in my truck. "Hi mom." I said. "Hey." She replied. "Grandma!" The boys yelled from the backseat. "There's my favorite grandsons!" She exclaimed. I laughed. I pull out of her driveway and go to the restaurant.

We get to the restaurant and I'm holding Connor's hand while my mom is holding Ryan's hand. "Hi, how many today?" The hostess asked. "Two adults, two kids." I smiled. "Right this way." She said, leading us to a table. "You need booster seats?" She asked. "Please." I nodded. She grabs two. I put Connor in one and my mom puts Ryan in the other. "So these two last night decide to finally ask me to go to a Leafs game." I said. "Your father and I were actually planning on going. Andrew, you, Connor and Ryan." Mom replied.

 The boys were too focused on coloring to know what was going on.

 "Really? That's cool." I smiled as the waitress came over. "Hi, my name is Tiffany, I'll be your waitress. Are you ready to order or do you need a minute?" She asked. I look at mom and she nods to go ahead. "Can I get the single order of Nutella waffles with bacon for the side?" I say. She nods. "Is this all on one ticket?" Tiffany asked. Before mom can say anything, I respond. "Yes." I said. "Okay, for you." She looked at my mom. "I'm gonna try the Nutella French toast. With a side of sausage patties." Mom said. Tiffany writes it down and then looks at the boys. "They're gonna have the kids Nutella waffles." I said. "Okay, is water okay for your drinks or can I get you something else?" She asked. "I'll have chocolate milk with my meal and so will the boys." I say. "I'll have just water." Mom said. The waitress nods and walks away.

"So do the boys know who their you know, father is?" Mom asked me. "No. I'm not gonna tell them for a while. It's not the right time." I sigh. She nods, continuing to do whatever on her phone.

 I look at the twins and think. Damn, I can't believe how much they look like Mitch, I really cannot believe that. "Mommy, we gotta potty." Ryan and Connor said. "Okay." I stand up. "Hands." I say. They grab my hands and we walk to the bathroom. As I'm walking to the bathroom with the boys, I see Mitch. He's with Matthews, Martin, van Riemsdyk and Nylander. Wonderful.

"Graycelynn?" I hear. Fuck. I turn around. "Mitch." I say. "How are you?" He asked. "I'm fine." I tell him. "Mommy come on. We go potty." Connor said. "Yeah mo-Marner!" Ryan exclaimed. I see Mitch's face go pale. "You didn't tell me it was twins." Mitch whispered in my ear. "By the time I found out, you had already broken up with me, blocked my number and social media. So I couldn't." I tell him. "Right..." he trailed off. "Marns come on!" I look over and see Matthews. "I gotta go." Mitch said, walking away. Go ahead. It's what you're good at when your with me.

 I take the boys to the bathroom and then we walk out where our food is just getting there. Mr. Ryan decided he had to take a shit, so we were in there for longer than I expected. "I saw Mitch." I whispered to my mom. "I did too. His table is right next to ours." Mom replied. "Wonderful." I say. "Mommy, these good!" Connor says with a mouthful of Nutella waffle. "Connor, don't talk with your mouth full." I say.

The waitress brings the bill and before mom can grab the bill, I grab it and leave a 5 dollar tip. "Graycelynn Elvira." Mom said. "It's on me." I tell her. "No." She said. "Yes mom. I never get to pay. This was my idea, it's on me." I said. She groans. "Stop mom." I rolled my eyes. "How's dad?" I asked. "He's fine, on business in Chicago but he's doing fine." Mom tells me. "That's good." I replied. "Yeah, he comes home tomorrow." She said. I nod. "Ready?" I ask her. "Yeah." Mom responded. I pick Connor up out of the booster seat and take his hand. My mom does the same with Ryan. I pay for breakfast then I get to my truck, I put Connor in his seat, Mom does the same with Ryan. "I feel so old." Mom said. I laugh. "You're only 35." I replied. "I know but I have grandchildren." She tells me. "And two nineteen year olds." She added. I laugh and drive back to her house. "I'll text you later." Mom tells me. I nod and drive the boys to hockey practice. Three years old and they're playing hockey. Oh help me.