Chαρτεr 20 - The Letter

Chαρτεr 20: The letter

The weeks passed.

The days passed.

The hours passed.

The minutes passed.

The seconds passed.

Well, until we got the message.

It was Friday afternoon and I walked home with Alex. We laughed at something she showed me when a black car came up behind us. The thing that crept me out even more was the familiar guy in the driver seat. He looked like one of Cole's friends from where I ran away.

Me and Alex stopped laughing and followed the guy's every movement. He slowly walked out of the car and towards us.

The guy looked a little nervous, but when you have two werewolf girls staring you down I would have been nervous too. He appreciated us and handed out a piece of white paper.

I began opening it, but he laid a hand over mine. The gesture was disgusting and I didn't want to be touched by him or any other males.

"Open it when you're home."

That was the only thing he said before disappearing out of our sights in his black car. I sighed and looked at the folded note, my name was written in a beautiful handwriting on one of the sides.

Alex also looked curiosity at the little note in my hand. It looked so innocent, but I had an idea of who it was from. And I would gladly not read it, but I'm too curious about what the note held.

I and Alex walked a faster pace back to the pack house so we could read the note. When we arrived, we didn't waste any time to greet the people in it. It was like we raced to get first to my room so we could read the note, but I had it.

Alex sat down on the chair in front if my desk and I sat down on the bed. I folded the note out and began to read;

"My Dearest Melody,

I know where you are. You can't hide forever, my love."

That was the only thing that stood. Not who it was from or anything else. Just that one or another weirdo knew where I am. The only thing that scares me about this whole note is that I know who sent it.

I know who have written these words on the white paper. I know who knows where I am. And that scares the shit out of me.

I glanced over at Alex that had a shocked expression on her face. She turned to me.

"What?"

I knew I had to explain it to her, but I actually didn't want to. I wanted I forget the past, to forget that Cole laid his filthy fingers on me and touched me.

Tears were starting to form in my eyes and before I knew it; tears were streaming down my face as I sobbed quietly. Alex looked worried at me before walking out the door.

I didn't know what she was doing and I hoped fervently that she was not leaving me here to sob alone. The door opened once again and Alex stepped in. I sighed in relief.

Then another one stepped into the room, I knew who it was before I could see him. I've tried to avoid him since our little "meeting" in the janitor closet. I always blushed at the thought.

More tears were running down my already wet cheeks. Kyle hurried over to me and wrapped his arms protectively around me. I felt safe and that Cole could not hurt me when I was in Kyle's arms.

"Oh, Melody," he cooed. He soothed me and drew circles around my back.

"Can you tell me what's wrong?" he asked and pushed my chin up so I looked straight into his eyes. I didn't trust my voice so I handed him the little note. Kyle took it carefully from me and began reading it.

When he was finished reading, his eyes were wide and he looked at me like I was all he got to love. It was a nice feeling, but right now I couldn't focus on that. I knew I had to tell him who it was from, he needed to know. And I needed to tell Alex what happened before I got here.

"Cole," I said in a dry whisper. Still, Kyle heard me because his eyes shone with hatred and hugged me close again. Someone cleared their throat and I looked up to see that Alex was still in the room.

"I will tell you Alex," I said as an answer at her unspoken question. She nodded and sat down at the chair she sat when I read the note.

I began telling how I was thrown out of my house in Norway by Mom and how I ended up here in America. I told that I met Cole on my first day and I didn't know who he was and that even werewolves. I told that I met my "amazing" friends and how I found out about my Dad I thought had died. I told her about how I found out about werewolves and discovered I was one too, while I thought Cole was my mate. At this Kyle growled and I and Alex laughed at him. I told her that everything was good until I found out about the whole moon Luna shit.

When I told Cole that I was from Norway, he got a little mad and walked out of the room. I told that I sat there for at least half an hour before going to Rita, because I thought I could trust her. When I told her about how I caught him in bed with her, she gasped and looked at me with sadness. In the end I told her about how Kyle found me wandering by myself in the forest.

When I finished the story I got attacked in the biggest beat hug I've ever been in. I hugged her back and when we drew back she held my hand.

"That must have been a terrible experience," she said to me. I nodded and leaned back into Kyle. Alex got up and started to walk out of the room.

"My Mom need help in the kitchen," she said apologetic; I smiled at her and nodded in understatement. When she closed the door Kyle turned towards me.

"We need to stop ignoring each other," he said. I know we couldn't do it forever, but I felt myself blush whenever I was in the same area as him. It got quiet annoying after a while. But maybe the answer is to not ignore him, but is with him instead.

"Yeah," I answered. He looked straight into my eyes and I feel myself do anything he would ask for. He fiddled with his fingers, a sign that he was nervous.

"So," he said. "Would y-you be m-my girlfriend?" Okay, that was most of the most adorable thing I've ever seen. I have never seen a guy that is nervous to ask that question. I grinned at him.

"Yes."

 please vote, comment, share:)