Chapter 24

One week later

Briana

I was already discharged from the hospital a few days ago but I'm back here because today is the day they're letting Sas leave. We've been waiting about an hour for the doctor to come back with his papers so he can do so. He's been doing good the past few days but he has not been happy. Part of the reason why is because they are putting him on crutches. His temper is so bad that none of the nurses are even willing to put up with it. I had to calm him down so many times with the way he's been talking to them, it's crazy. I've been coming here everyday for the past week even spending the night some nights because him and Brooklyn have been here. Yes, we ended up naming her Brooklyn Marie King, she has his last name. Of course, that was another argument but it all worked out. She's been doing good also, doctors said in about a month or two she should be able to come home but they don't want to rush anything, they want to make sure everything's alright, being as though she came so early.

"Sas." I said as he sat there with a mean mug on his face.

"What." He responded calmly.

"Stop pouting." I laughed at him, getting up from the chair, going over to the bed.

"I'm ready ta' go. Forreal. This nigga need ta' hurry up." He said as I stood in front of the side he was laying on and he looked me up and down.

"He'll be in here soon." I said.

"Yeah.." He said as he looked into my eyes. He then grabbed my face and kissed my lips.

"Go check on my baby." He said grabbin' his phone from the table on the other side of the bed.

"Okay." I said before grabbing my phone from the chair I was sitting in then leaving out.

I walked to the desk where I had to get a pass so I would be able to go inside of the room and then I walked down the hallway to the room where they kept Brooklyn inside of her incubator. I scanned the pass onto the door and the light turned green indicating I was allowed to go inside. I walked over to my baby's incubator and she was awake, looking up at me causing a big smile to spread across my face.

"My baby." I said as her brown eyes looked into mine. She didn't quite look like me or Sas at the moment but I knew once she was a couple months older she'd began to look just like me, she already had my eyes.

"Mommy loves you." I said, it felt so weird to say that but it felt good at the same time.

I took a seat on the side of the incubator and began to talk to my little Brooklyn as if she could understand what I was saying.

"You're my little princess, you know that?" I said.

"And you have a crazy daddy, that will probably never let you have a boyfriend."

**********

Sas

1 hour later.

"Ok Mr. King, here are your papers. Just sign here and you're free to go. Remember to always use your crutches and-"