Chapter 6

Hey here is another update😊😊 and as I promised this is a long chapter so enjoy!! Keep commenting and voting. Love lots😍😍

6 days had passed since Bethony's death. King Braith was sitting in his room waiting for the ambassador to come.

"Where the hell is this man? Am I the one to wait?" Braith shouts at the guards. One of them hurriedly ran to see where this ambassador was.

He sees from the breezeway an injured emissary keeping one hand on his broken nose and limping.

"What happened to you sire?" The guard asked with concern.
"Get out of my way!" He screams in the guards face. Poor guard mutes and helps the ambassador to walk into the king's bedchamber.

"What got you so long?" The king asks annoyingly.

"Sorry your majesty" he says curtsying the king.

The king was busy being angry but suddenly his attention was diverted towards ambassador's nose.
"What happened to your nose?" He asks.

The ambassador was happy that the king cared for him.
"Thanks for your concern Maje-"
" I don't care for anybody. So don't live in this fantasy that I" he says pointing to himself "would care for you. That won't happen in your worst nightmare."

The ambassador was dissapointed by the kings words. He masked his sadness and said," The commander of their army Leo did this to me Sire. They were angry over their king's death and after hearing  the letter he punched me in the face" he says touching his nose and feeling the pain "they are not ready to come here for the grand meeting."

"Hmm" the king says.
"Wait, the king's dead?" King Braith asked surprised.
"Yes Sire. Don't you know. It was one of the courteirs who did this."

The king was furious. He was clenching and unclenching his teeth in a rythm.

"Ok you can go now." The king says with his fists tight and knuckles going white.

"Guards! Bring Mark here right NOW!!"  The king  yells at the guards.

Moments later Mark was standing in the king's bedroom confused about why was he called on such an urgent notice.

"What happened king? Why did you call-" Mark was cut short with a stinging slap on his right cheek.

He was shocked. The king never was so furious on Mark to slap him.

He rubbed his cheek trying to cool the heat that suddenly appeared and wiped off the blood coming from his mouth.

"What was that for?" He asks flabbergasted.

"The king of Haiti is killed?" The king asks gritting his teeth.

Mark now realises what was that slap for. "Oh, sorry your majesty. It was me who did this. It was necessary. I got to know from some of my loyal servants that the king was planning an attack on you. So when he was on the way to meet his neighbouring king I killed him."

"HOW DARE YOU DO THAT!" the king screams holding Mark by his collar, "and that too without consulting me?"
"Do you want to replace me, Mark?"

"I will die a thousand deaths before thinking of a sin like that." Mark says proudly.

Braith calmed a little by hearing Mark's words.
Mark was one of the most loyal men in Braith's kingdom. Braith never questioned Mark's loyalty. He knew that Mark would even die for him.

Braith held a special position for Mark in his heart. Mark knew about that and he was proud of it.
Hearing Mark's words Braith goes back to the time when he first met Mark....