Prologue

"Stop," I heard someone young stutter out from the house next door.

I heard a loud gun shot and someone yell, "Don't tell me what the fuck to do, slut!"

"Please! You don't mean any of this!" I heard the young voice yell.

"Yes, I do! You're all a bunch of assholes! I don't know why I put up with you for so long. Everyone on this planet is annoying and dangerously stupid!" I heard the other voice yell again.

"You're drunk! Stop! Put that gun away!" the young voice stuttered out.

"No, I'm not. Trust me. You're just another slut." I heard another gun shot and a woman screaming.

"What was that for?! What did mommy ever do to you?!"

"She was a whore! She cheated! I bet that you aren't even my child!"

"Daddy! Stop! I've been told I look like you!"

"Yeah? Well, I've been told you look like my fucking brother." Then, I heard another loud smack.

"Daddy! Stop!" I heard the young voice cry.

"Yeah. Sure. I'll stop. Breathing. Just like You're goddamn mother just did!" With that, I heard another gun shot.

"Daddy!" I heard the young voice cry.

"Mommy! Daddy!" I got up and ran to my parents room, hoping they were awake. When I got to their room, I saw that they were both asleep. So, I climbed up on their bed and started jumping on them. "Mommy! Daddy!" I yelled.

My dad woke up and chuckled. "What is it, son?" he said, while getting my to stop jumping.

"Next door. Little girl. Gun shots! Three of them!" I stuttered out.

"It was probably just a dream. Go back to bed."

"No, Daddy! I'm not going to bed. It wasn't a dream. Go next door and check. See what happened, or I will!"

My mom woke up and looked at me. "What happened?"

"Mommy. I heard fighting next door with the little girl. The daddy was being bad. I heard three gun shots."

After I finished, my mom sat up quickly, wide awake and alert. She quickly got up and put on a robe and her shoes. "I'm going to go check on them. Just to make sure." She quickly ran out of the house and next door, me following her. She tried opening the door, it being locked. I looked under the mat where a key was normally kept, and found the key. I picked it up and gave it to my mom.

She took the key and unlocked the door. "Thank-you, Anthony." She went inside the house and looked around. "Ant, what room did it sound like it came from?"

"The one next to mine. So, Kammy's room," I replied, heading to Kamryn's room. My mom followed me. When we got there, my mom tried opening the door, but it was locked. I put my ear next to the door, and heard Kammy crying.

I knocked on the door, and said, "Kammy. It's me, Ant."

I heard little footsteps come to the door, and saw the door open. When Kammy saw me, she immediately hugged me. "Ant. He killed Mommy and himself!" she said, crying into my chest. My mom walked into her room and looked around, while I hugged Kammy back tightly.

I watched my mom while she pulled out her phone and quickly called the police. I looked behind Kammy while she cried and saw what had happened. Very shortly, my dad came over to see what was taking us so long, as saw I didn't have just a dream. After a couple of minutes, the police and medical services finally arrived, quickly running into the house. My father showed them to the room in which it all happened.

"Ma'am, who was the one who heard everything that made you come running over?" one of the officers asked my mom.

"My son, Anthony," she replied.

The officer came over to me and kneeled down to my height. He smiled and said, "Hi, Anthony. I'm Officer Ross. How old are you?"

"I'm six and a half," I told Officer Ross, smiling.

"How do you know Kamryn?"

"We are in the same class. She's my best friend."

"Okay. Thank you, Anthony." Officer Ross stood up and went back over to talk to my parents.

After awhile of them talking, my mom came over to Kammy and I. "We have to go down to the station to be questioned. Especially Kammy." We both nodded and went with them down to the station. After we finished getting questioned, Kammy came home with us.

"Okay, kids. Time for bed. Neither of you have to go to school tomorrow. Okay?" my dad told us. We both nodded our heads as he hugged and kissed our foreheads goodnight.

I brought Kammy to my room and we both laid in my bed. My mom came in and hugged and kissed us both goodnight before turning the light off and closing the door some.

"Kammy?" I said softly.

"Hmm?" was her reply.

"I'm sorry this happened." I heard Kammy start crying softly and pulled her close to me. I laid on my back and let her lay on me with my arms safely around her. Eventually, I heard her breathing slow and her snore softly. I fell asleep not long after her, hoping she'll tell me what all happened.

A/N: Yes, another story by me. I really need to get on my laptop more though, so I can update more often. Well, this is just the prologue. For updating, I will not promise any updates for a specific day. Plans just pop up out of nowhere for me. I will put up Chapter One soon. Comment what do you think so far. If you follow, I follow back. Thanks for reading so far.