Chapter 5

I woke up the next morning, and I was absolutely tired. Gabe and I stayed up until 4:00am...meaning that we only slept for 3 hours. I rubbed my eyes and stopped my alarm, watching Gabe slowly wake up. He crawled out of his sleeping bag, looking at me sleepily. A smile appeared on his face.

"Good morning Danielle," he said cheerful.

"Morning Gabe," I replied with a smile. 

I walked into the bathroom and washed my face with cold water. That seemed to wake me up a little. I stared at myself in the mirror. Luckily I don't wake up looking like a troll every morning. I have to admit that I look pretty when I first wake up. I woke up like this Beyoncé, suck it up. I brushed my hair real quick and brushed my teeth. My morning routine isn't that complicated at all. 

I don't shower in the morning. I find it pointless. Why shower in the morning if you're gonna get filthy throughout the day. You'll end up showering in the afternoon anyways. And if I smell bad, then there's something called DEODORANT that some people in my class don't know how to use. Pfft...and they're telling me I should shower. 

I walked outside and saw Gabe at my closet, holding a few of my clothes in his hand. I walked towards him and stared at him confusedly. He grabbed one more thing from the hangers before shoving the clothes in my hand. 

"Here. I picked your outfit! I'm going to go bathroom now...and hurry up getting changed because we don't wanna be late for school," Gabe demanded.

He walked into the bathroom while i stared at the outfit he picked out. It was great to be honest. I loved simple things, and I believed this was perfect. It was a pain short sleeve white top and a blue knee length skirt. He also picked out my brown flats, brown handbag and sunglasses...so I'm guessing we might be going somewhere with Savannah after school. 

I threw my clothes on and made sure I looked good

I threw my clothes on and made sure I looked good. I thought it looked nice. Gabe knocked on the bathroom door 3 times, to signal that he was coming out of the bathroom. He opened the door but kept his head down in case I wasn't done getting dressed. 

"It's okay Gabe. I'm done getting dressed...you can look now," I laughed.

"Wow Danielle. You look, great! You haven't worn something decent in ages!" Gabe exclaimed.

"Correction. I wasn't BOTHERED to wear something decent in ages," I mumbled.

"Right! Let's go have breakfast!" Gabe said.

He walked out and ran down the stairs. My mother was making pancakes. Not for me of course...I hated pancakes. I was probably going to help myself to anything I could find in the kitchen. Gabe walked towards my mother and placed an arm around her shoulders. He spoke to her as if she was his own mum, considering the fact that he sees her every single day. Guess he gets a little too comfortable.

"Hey Natalieeeee!" he sang.

"So you ended up sleeping here last night?" she asked.

"Hell yeah! There was no way I was getting back to that stupid family gathering," Gabe muttered.