Chapter 23

*Not edited, sorry*

Gabe's POV:

I hear him getting closer. Wraith finally decided to get his ass up and help us. Evan glared at him with his chin gutted out, clearly not pleased at all. Wraith didn't speak a single word, kneeling down by my side and staring right at me. The way he stared makes me feel so vulnerable. 

"You're an idiot, you know that right?" he scoffed.  

Wraith grabbed onto me and helped me to my feet. Evan helped, and we headed to Wraith's house where he was going to help me...apparently. But my wounds were the least of my concerns right now...

Danielle's POV:

I don't know how far I've gone right now, but I think I'm safe. Wherever this place is, it's far from home, and I'm sure no one will ever find me. Not Gabe. Not Wraith and Evan. Not even the Sadistic Alpha. I fumbled through my backpack, grabbing onto a cookie I had shoved in there. I was hella hungry and I didn't have enough time to pack proper food. 

I took a bite, managing and internal sigh. Maybe the feeling of being safe and comfortable was staring to be triggered. And I liked it. I liked walking around without feeling completely crazy and scared out of my pants. I liked knowing that I could spend a few moments knowing that there isn't a monster standing right behind me, planning my dead. 

"Hey," a voice said. 

I snapped back to reality and turned around, startled. Maybe I thought there was a frightening creature behind me, but it wasn't. It was Scarlet, and Callum was with her. I let out a sigh of relief, looking at them both curiously. I though the three of us agreed that leaving was the best choice for me. 

"Scarlet...Callum. What are you doing here?" I asked. 

"I...I couldn't help it. The two of us were worried sick and thought we should check up on you," Scarlet replied. 

"Scarlet. I'm fine, believe me. Well...thanks to Wraith. I'm safe here, and no one will find me. Not even that stupid Alpha. I'm miles away from home, and this is one of the only places that feels right until now," I explained. 

"But you can never be too sure. We thought we'd give you Scarlet's number in case you're stuck and need our help," Callum said. 

I smiled and hugged the two of them tightly. Another reason to feel safe. Knowing that even people who aren't that close to me also have my back. I pulled away, feeling happy after what seemed like ages. 

"Thank you so much...we honestly need more people like you guys in this world," I whispered.

Scarlet grabbed my phone and added her contact on it. I did the same with hers, instantly feeling a rush of warmth go through me. I had never felt normal ever since I got bitten. Hopefully everything could get to a perfect stage once all this is over. Well...that's if it'll ever be over...

"Anyways Danielle, we need to get back to the others. Don't forget...call me and we'll come to help you," Scarlet assured me. 

"Once again, thank you guys so much," I repeated. 

"Any time Danielle. Bye," Callum said, turning and walking away with Scarlet. 

One day I want that to be me. Going around with m lover for the sake of helping people who need me. Helping people who were  me. I continued walking, to god knows where. I had no clue where I was headed, and I guess I would just end up spending the night on the streets. I shouldn't mind...I mean, I'm practically half animal.

I looked down and felt my heart sink slightly.

Hopefully Gabe didn't feel upset or broken...because I'm doing all this to protect him...