Review #1 (@gewordenwrites)

Title: Begin Again
Author: wallflower_tris
Genre: Teen Fiction
Status: Work In Progress

Begin Again, the main installment of the Pause and Play series, is a story of emotional growth

Begin Again, the main installment of the Pause and Play series, is a story of emotional growth. It follows the daily struggles and everyday misadventures of Juliana, a quirky, sarcastic main character, when she visits home from college to put the past behind her. We asked Trisha what inspired her to write this book, and she said, "Part of it was from my own life and some from imagination. There are a lot of stories about suicide and tragic ends. I just wanted to write something about overcoming this depression, no matter how bad it gets. That's all."

Between the witty banter, heartwarming reconnections, and haunting flashbacks, I loved reading this book. The prose was fantastic, and the descriptions not gave me an idea of what was going on, but allowed me to experience characters' emotions and their environments as if they were my own.

I should mention that no story is perfect; however, this one comes pretty close. The only real issue I saw besides grammatical errors was that the dialogue and dialogue tags often lacked the richness of the writing around them. Another problem readers might have with the story is that it's still a work in progress. If anyone is having doubts, I can promise that it's well worth the wait as this author seems to know what she's doing.

Keep up the good work, Trisha!