.dix

Ineko is piss drunk, much to Odasaku and Dazai's dismay. Her words slur together in incoherent mumbles, and she acts like a little girl.

They attempt to ignore her at first, a grim atmosphere settling as they exchange words about Ango's suspicious behaviour, but Ineko interrupts them soon after.

"Nee~ Angelic shiiiiut..." She goes cross eyed as she boops her own nose daintily with her index finger, chuckling.

Dazai sighs and looks at Odasaku.

"I have a meeting with Mori, good luck handling her," he grins, somewhat relieved to get rid of Ineko. A drunk Ineko is embarrassing and unpredictable. He can only hope that Odasaku gets to keep his soul. Oda sighs as well.

"As much as I would like to play the father role, I have a mission to complete."

Both men are silent for a moment, until Dazai cheekily grins.

"Let's throw her at Chuuya."

Oda looks mildly disturbed.

"He might kill her, or vice versa."

"They will be fine," Dazai says dismissively, and Oda, trusting of his opinion, takes her to Chuuya's office and leaves her there swaying, a note written and crumpled in her hand.

And thus, Chuuya gets a rather unpleasant surprise as he arrives at his office to collect his items and go home and sleep after drinking champagne, but alas, he is greeted by a guffawing Ineko who holds a picture of soukoku in her trembling hands.

"What are you doing here?!" He snaps and eyes her flushed face. "And why are you drunk?!" He glowers before storming up to her and snatches the picture away from her. He glances down for a moment; it depicts him and Dazai, smiling forcibly for their profile photo. He sets it back down on his desk and turns to her.

Ineko giggles and hands him the note Oda and Dazai wrote.

"We hope that you are well, because you won't be soon." Chuuya raises an eyebrow as he sees the last part crossed out. "We present you a drunk Ineko- and she's your subordinate, so you take care of her.

Ja ne.
-Dazai and Oda"

Chuuya grits his teeth, blue eyes blazing and he rips the paper in half. "Just because your my subordinate doesn't mean I'm going to look after you. Get your own drunk ass back home," he growls and sets off to find his missing fedora.

"Chuuya-chaaaan," she slurs and crumples onto the floor, holding her head. "Ow... my head hurts."

"You're sobering up, and you're gonna have a huge hangover. Congratulations," he doesn't turn to her and leaves her on the floor as he turns his office upside down to find his spare fedora.

"But chibi~" she coos. "make me feel better," and she winks suggestively. Chuuya stiffens then regains his composure and snaps,

"You look like a pig," he snorts and huffs in relief when he finds the familiar black hat.

"I'm hurt," she cries but is interrupted from further comments when Chuuya gets a lightbulb moment.

"Drunk people tell the truth," he muses to himself. He stares at the ash blond-haired girl who now sits cross legged on the floor. Strange that she is so quiet.

"Dazai told me that you were quiet for most of the punishment I set out," Chuuya runs his fingers through his orange hair and puts the hat on.

"Hmm?" She muses then giggles to herself. "Ouch." She winces and lightly clutched her head.

"Why?"

"Thinking," she says shortly. Ineko knows that he is trying to take advantage of her state but she lets him. She might as well get this off her chest, even if he is not the preferred person.

"About?"

"How everyone hates unnecessary killing," she blinks owlishly down at her lap. Chuuya stops packing up and turns to look at her incredulously. He opens his mouth to make a smart remark but sees the glimmer of emotion in her eyes; what a big change- from bloodlust to vulnerability.

"And why is that?" His voice softens as he looks at her. Maybe she isn't that bad after all?

Ineko doesn't know how to respond to affection, even as gruff as it is. She doesn't know what this swirling feeling that eats at her, and she doesn't want to find out.

Ineko panicks.

"Because then they don't understand the sensation of sinking blades and bullets into people's eyes."

Chuuya's eyes harden again and he spins on his heel stiffly. "...Ohh?" He drawls darkly. Ineko didn't lie; she does love the feeling, but she can't say that guilt isn't lapping at her fingers or her mind, because she hates the look she is given by the two executives and Odasaku.

"Go home by yourself," Chuuya snaps and walks stiffly out of his office. His scowl is still imprinted in Ineko's mind, and that swirling feeling morphs into one of nauseous, gut wrenching ache.

She whispers at the closed door.

"Chuuya, teach me how to be human."