Chapter 1: Gerard

“HOW ARE YOU? Oh my god. It's been so long. We miss you guys so much. How have you been?” I shouted into the microphone. “You look great, good. So what happens guys you know tonight, the reason why we filmed this is because this is the last performance, of the Black Parade Forever! I want to calm down here, to Mexico, to Properly, Killed them off. This song is all about dreams. It's called 'Disenchanted.”

The concert swept past in a breeze and the crowds cried rang in my ears. My little brother, Mikey, slouched down in a sofa, with a saturated washer over his eyes. Frankie sat down on the floor, with one of the automatic fans blowing around. Ray shook his hair off his neck and sipped some water from a bottle. Slipping my jacket off, I turned the air con on and slumped against the wall.

“It’s kinda sad to not be doing the Black Parade anymore,” Frank piped up and I nodded.

“Our next album should be a blast,” Ray smiled and Mikey moved the washer from his face.

“It better be,” he mumbled and I smiled.

“It will be,” I said and glanced around. “Hey, where’s Bob?”

“I think he’s still backstage,” Frank said and I nodded.

Bob was usually the first one backstage but lately he was keeping himself distant. Catching Franks’ eye, I chewed my lower lip and stared at the wall, waiting for the bands’ manager to come and get us. Licking my lips, I tuned in to what the guys were saying.

“So up with you and Christa?” Mikey asked and Ray glanced up.

“I don’t know,” he said. “She’s getting very distant and it’s starting to worry me. It’s like she has a secret she doesn’t want to have, ya know?”

“Have you tried talking to her about it?” I asked.

“Yeah but she just won’t tell me,” he stated and I nodded.

“Why don’t we organise a get together with everybody and maybe she might open up,” suggested Mikey and we agreed.

Bob stumbled in and glanced around, his eyes landing on my brother. I knew Bob had a thing for Mikey but he made it so obvious. Mikey, on the other hand, figured it out and its funny watching him lead Bob on, even though Mikes is straight.

“The bus is ready to leave,” Bob mumbled and I waited until everyone else had left.

“Bob,” I said. “What’s up?”

“Nothing.”

“Okay. Well, I’m here if you wanna talk.”

I started to walk past him, when he caught my wrist.

“It’s about the band,” was all he said before walking off.

I stared after him and shook my head. Following him, I walked onto the bus and sat down on my favourite bean bag. Slouching into it, I watched as Mikey sat on the couch and turned on the T.V. Frank bounced in, still high from the concert, and plopped down next to Mikey.

“What ya thinking about, Gee?” Frank piped up and I looked at him.

“Nothing,” I replied but Frankie looked doubtful.

A shrill ring thundered through the bus and I smirked at Mikey. His eyes widened and he ran to his bunk, tipping out all of the contents in his bags.

“Hey, Ali,” he smiled but his smile dropped into a frown. “What? Why? That isn’t fair… No……. Ali……Let-….Fine…….Yeah, when I get home……Bye.”

Mikey stomped back through the bus and threw his phone at the wall. I jumped as the phone shattered to bits near me and I stared at him as he walked off the bus. Catching Franks’ eye, I ran after my little brother and found him leaning against a wall, his hands shoved into his pockets.