A Prelude to Madness

Salvador Salvador, code name Sierra Sierra 7, a mercenary that participated in the proxy war between the Allied State of The Urasian Lands against Soviet Alliance of Russia and Pyongyang, found himself lying in the ground and staring at the blue sky. He felt weak, like he hadn't eaten in days, and felt his muscle is aching all over. The air smells fresh, like that of a jungle, yet this irritates him as he breathes.

          He looked around as he lied on the ground. The land seemed to be an abandoned city; ruins of a once thriving city can be seen, with trees and overgrowths all over. Even the ground he was lying on is concrete with roots and dried leaves.

          He tried stood up; his body ached as he tried desperately to just sit up. He let out a sharp gasp as he sat up with all his effort. He then looked around to see if he can ask anyone for help. No one. There was no one nearby to ask for help. There weren't even birds and small critters in the surrounding. "This felt terribly peculiar," Salvador said as he sat and rest. He searched for his pockets to see if he had anything. Nothing. No money, no phone, not even a piece of gum.

          After a short while, he gathered all his strength to stand up. He groaned as his muscle tells him to stop trying and rest.

 He groaned as his muscle tells him to stop trying and rest

          He was now on his feet. The pain he feels started to grow fainter as he walked slowly to the East, hoping that he finds someone. He was in an unfamiliar place, and the said place gives Salvador uneasiness.

          "Wait," he gasped as he stopped. "What am I doing here in the first place?" he asked himself as he looked around. He focused on what happened last night, and he learned that he can't remember anything. The day before... 2 days before... a week before...

          "I-what?!?" he asked himself in disbelief. "I-I can't remember!"

          He held his head in shock and ran his palm through his scalp to see for any wounds or bumps. He was fine. Even the pain he felt in his muscle is slowly dissipating. He looked around again, trying to remember the place's connection to him. Nothing. His memories betrayed him.

          He continued to head East as the sun set. Dusk is coming, and he needed some answers.