A Prelude to Madness Part 2

The darkness slowly surrounded Salvador, the night had come. He went inside what seems to be an abandoned building to sleep for the night. He went to one of the corners of the abandoned building, one he assessed to be the safest to sleep in, and sat down and rest. He closed his eyes, trying hard to remember something about what had happened to him.

          "My name is Salvador Salvador... Birthday is April 1... 19...1991!" he thought to himself, unsure that these are true or not. "I work as an accountant under Maniego and Associates... I lived at... crap, I can't remember where I lived."

          He pondered hard at his memories filled with holes until he fell asleep.

          Morning came and Salvador stepped out of the broken down, abandoned building. He looked left and right, hoping to find any signs of life. He saw a few mice scampering around, as well as butterflies and bees buzzing and flying around.

          "So this place is not as desolated as I thought," he exclaimed to himself as he continue to head East.

          He walked a quite amount of time and his feet are starting to tire. He then heard a voice at a distance. It was a girl, crying for help. Without hesitation, Salvador ran towards where the voice came and sure enough, he saw a girl in trouble.

          A small girl was atop a tree, looking at a bunch of rabid men eyeing her maliciously, as if they want to eat her alive. The girl, scared and confused, could only shout at the top of her lungs, and was unable to see Salvador signaling her to keep calm.

          "This is bad," Salvador muttered to himself. Without warning, he dashes to where the men are and leapt as high as he can. He then shifted his weight on one of his legs as he lunges to one of the men, his foot forward. He delivered a flying kick straight to one of the men's face.

          Everyone was surprised at what Salvador did, even himself. His body acted on instinct, he did not know he could do that.

          The other men snapped out of their confusion and started to try and grab Salvador. Two of the three men lunge at him, which he deftly dodges. Before the third men get back on his feet, Salvador delivered a devastating kick to his head. The man let out a sharp gasp as the sound of snapping bones under soft muscle is heard.

          One of the men managed to get close to Salvador after he delivered the bone snapping kick. He responded with another devastating kick, this time to the knee, which sent the man down to his knees. Salvador then stepped on the man's shoulder and leapt towards where the girl is at.

          The small girl, watching everything that happened, was still dumbfounded. The man who fought three of her assailant, kicking and flailing, is now flying towards her.

          "Hey," Salvador greeted as he landed on the thick branch of the tree. "You need help?"

          The small girl only managed a nod before Salvador grabbed her. "Hold on," he said as he leapt from the tree and landed on one of the assailant's face. The girl held on and closed her eyes. As he lands to the ground, he jerked and landed on his shoulder, dissipating the force of the landing and rolling over the concrete land. The child, safely tuckered at Salvador's abdomen, was dizzy and confused

          Salvador then ran with all his might. He panted as he carried the small girl in his arms, and never looked back. The child then opened her eyes and managed to take a peek at Salvador's shoulder to look for the men who wants to attack her.

          "They're away now!" she chimed as she tugged Salvador's shoulder.

          Salvador slowed down before coming to a halt. He looked around for any sign of danger before letting the child go. He stooped down to ask the child if she was hurt.

          "No, I'm fine, thank you," she said as she looked at Salvador. "You dressed funny."

          Salvador looked at his clothes and realized that he was wearing a patient's gown. He doesn't even have a shoe. He was walking for what seems like a hundred kilometers and he only noticed now.

          "Is it really funny?" Salvador replied with a smile on his face.

          "Yes!" she said. "Boys shouwd not wear a dress!"

          "I see... then, should we look for some new clothes?"

          "My mommy says not to fawow strangers..."

          "I see... then, maybe I should introduce myself." He then stood up and cleared his throat. "My name is Salvador, Salvador Salvador, but you can just call me Salvador."

          "Sa...Savador" she said curtly.

          "So, what about you?"

          "My name is Zerina Marquez."

          "Then, Zerina, it's nice to meet you."

          "It's nice to meet you too, Sa...Vador"

          "So," Salvador said as he clapped his hands. "Would you like to help me find some new clothes?"

          Zerina pondered over Salvador's request. She thought hard and stared at his clothes with a silly look that Salvador finds cute.

          "Ok!" she finally replied. "After that, we find mommy and daddy!"

          "Sure!"

          The two set off to find Salvador a new pair of shoes and some shirt and pants.