Night

~Ted's POV~

Perfection.

That was the word that came to mind while I gazed at my newfound boyfriend, Chris, while I held his sleeping body in my arms, comfortably snuggling with him in bed. I kissed his porcelain cheek, smiling gently.

Everything about him was gorgeous. His wispy golden hair, his pale lips fixed in a dreamy smile even in his sleep, his bright personality- everything.

"Ted?" Chris groaned suddenly, causing me to jump and quickly untangle my hands from his waist.

"Dammit, Chris, you scared me. I thought you were sleeping." I felt colour flood my cheeks.

Chris opened his round amber eyes to look at me, catching my hands in his, looping them around his waist once more.

"I can't sleep." He pouted, searching my face for sympathy.

I blushed again. "Er, so you were awake while I, uh-"

He giggled. "Kissed my cheek? Yep." He leaned over to peck my lips. "It was sweet."

I looked away, embarrassed. Chris pulled my chin back so I had to face his flirty little smirk. "I'm boooored." He whined, starting to play with my hair. "Make me not-bored."

I raised an eyebrow. "And how exactly am I supposed to do that?"

An evil smile slowly crept across Chris' face. He leaned in, close to my face, so close I could feel his hot breath on my cheek. His thin fingers coiled around my neck, warmth pulsing from them. I felt my body involuntarily stiffen, sure that whatever came next would be very... uh, let's just go with 'intense'.

"Tell me why you're beautiful."

"What?" I exclaimed, sitting up in bed from surprise. "What the fuck does that have to do with anything? I thought..." I trailed off, slightly embarrassed.

Chris snorted with amusement. "I know, I totally set you up there- but your reaction was hilarious!" He grinned maliciously. "Don't worry, we can do that later." His playful expression suddenly turned serious. "But right now, I want you to realize something."

He cupped my cheeks in his warm hands, gazing into my eyes. "I love you more than anything, Ted. Do you believe that?"

I hesitated, biting my lip to stall. "I-I just don't understand how I could ever deserve you." I trembled, feeling tears pool in my eyes.

"What?!" Chris exclaimed, anger evident in his voice. "How could you deserve me? That's ridiculous! I don't know how I could ever deserve you! Just listen to me, Ted. You are the most talented, kind, funny, beautiful, amazing person I've ever know in my entire life. Compared to you, I'm, I'm-"

"Magnificent. Gorgeous. Quirky. Hilarious. Shall I go on?" I interrupted calmly, brushing a stray bit of hair out of Chris' face.

He grabbed my hand, tenderly pushing up the sleeve so he could trace the faint white scars that marred the skin on my wrist.

"I'm so proud that you haven't done- this in a long time." He said quietly, starting to cry, too, still clutching my arm. "I love you for overcoming this. What meaningful thing have I ever done?"

I smiled weakly, still crying. "That's where you're wrong. I could've never stopped cutting if you weren't there to help me." I studied my scars sadly, tears blurring my vision until it seemed like they were gone. "You mean everything to me, Chris."

He looked up at me, his big, amber eyes unsure. "Really?"

"Really." I kissed his tear-stained cheek, embracing him warmly.

"And you realize that you mean everything to me, Ted?" Chris asked quietly.

"If you say so, Chris."

"I do, Ted. I really do."