Did I Lock the Door?

A/N~ This is based on comic number 68 of the KNT comics.

>Ted's POV<

I sighed contentedly, sinking into the foamy white bubbles that filled the bath, enjoying the feeling of the hot water against my skin.

I held my rubber duck, Jeff, protectively in my hands. He's Jeffmelon' s brother.

My gaze fell on the bathroom door.

"Did I lock the door?" I wondered suddenly.

Before I could get up to check, the door swing open and Chris walked in.

I yelped, accidentally sending Jeff flying across the room, and sank as far into the foam as possible. I could feel myself blushing bright red.

Chris froze and stared, obviously not expecting to see me in the bathroom. He stared for a few more seconds, then shook his head violently, as if trying to clear it.

"Get out!" I demanded, my voice strangely higher than usual.

Chris smirked and leaned against the door frame, apparently recovered. "But the view's so nice!" He pouted, starting pointedly at me.

"Chris, stooop!" I whined, hoping the layer of bubbles was pretty thick.

"Oh, come on. We've been dating for a month now.
Anyway, it's not like I see anything."

I scowled. "I came in here to relax, not to be started at."

Chris giggled and smiled at me. "You're cute when you're uncomfortable. And, now that you mention it, I feel like relaxing. Yeah, a bath would be nice right about now."

"What? No. No, no, no. Go away."

Chris slowly lifted the hem of his shirt, up, up, until he was tugging it off and throwing it into the floor. I couldn't help but stare at his chest a little. He was obviously skinny, but not bad-looking. He started to unbutton his jeans and I looked away, blushing.

"What is it, Ted? Scared?" Chris teased. "I'm getting in now!"

"Please don't." I groaned. Chris ignored me and stepped into the tub. (I still didn't look.)

"Dude. This tub is not meant for two teenage guys." I grumbled. Our sides were pressed together, and one of Chris' legs was under mine.

"It was meant for two teenage guys in love, with their bodies pressed together while sucking each other's faces off." Chris said, smirking suggestively.

"Hahahano." I said flatly.

Chris' expression turned suddenly serious. "You know, you can touch me if you want. Are you actually afraid? Here." He grabbed my hand and placed it palm-down on his chest. I blushed. His skin was warm, and his heart beat surprisingly fast despite his calm expression.

"Are you... scared?" I asked tentatively.

Chris snorted. "Hell yeah. I'm terrified." He rubbed small circles on the back of my hand with his thumb. "I've... I've never felt this way about anyone. I don't want either of us to get hurt."

"I'd never hurt you, Chris. And you'd never hurt me."

He looked up at me. "I sure hope so. But don't be afraid of me, all right? You're brave, Ted. Don't be scared of me."

I hated seeing Chris worried, and wondered how I could get him to smile again. An idea suddenly came to me. I'm sure Chris will enjoy it... if I'm brave enough to act.

I just had to move, not think. I can do this. I'm not going to mess it up. Just look into his eyes and...

I smashed my lips against Chris', holding his shoulders for support. I'm sure I caught him completely off guard, because he was really rigid at first, but he quickly melted into the kiss.

"I told you. You are brave. And you like making out with me." Chris said, breaking the kiss for a second.

I fake-scowled at him. "Shut up." And kissed him again.

A/N~Aaaaaand there it is! Told you I'd try harder. I'd actually worked on this oneshot a lot a month or so back, but abandoned it about halfway through because I didn't like it. Luckily, I realized it could be saved and simply tweaked it a bit and wrote the rest! Hope it doesn't suck!