Muse of Fire

My name is Ashlee Merlyn. For 5 years I was stranded on an island with my best friend Oliver Queen and one goal- survive. Now we will fulfill his father's dying wish- to use the list of names he left us and bring down those who are poisoning our city. To do this, we must become someone else. We must become something else.

Previously on Arrow...

"The daughter you lost might not be who they found on that island."

"When you were stuck on that island plotting your grand plan to save the city, I don't think you stopped to consider the effect it would have on the people in your life. Or how it might hurt them."

"You're wrong. I think about it all the time." Oliver told him.

"And just to be clear, not being able to tell our families the truth It doesn't hurt anyone worse than it hurts us." I told him.

"I don't want you near Oliver. If I have to I will file a restraining order against him for you." He warned me.

"One that I won't listen to." I told him.

"You will or I will kick you out of my house." He threatened me.

"What-h-happened to you two on that island?" Tommy asked us giving us both a nervous look.

"A lot." We told him.

I was looking over some things on my desk when I got a call on my cell. I looked at the caller ID to see 'DAD' looking up at me.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Hi. Want some lunch?" he asked me.

"Lunch sounds good." I told him. "Wanting me to get something ready for us at the house?"

"No, let's meet in town." He told me.

"Ok, tell me when and where." I said smiling. He told me when and where to meet him, and I got ready before heading out.

When I got to the restaurant, I sat and waited for a good ten minutes before he showed up.

"I'm sorry I'm late, Ashlee." He said to me and I smiled at him.

"It's no problem, dad. How's work been today?" I asked him.

"It's been a typical day at the office." His usual answer. He never answered the question with a straight answer. Stones and glass houses right? "How's your day been so far?"

"Same old, same old." I told him smiling. "I'm actually thinking of going back to school. I never finished before I left so, while now might not be the right time to pick it back up I still want to finish."

"That's great sweetheart!" he told me smiling. "I'm proud of you. Your mom would be too."

"Thanks dad. That means a lot to me." I said softly.

"What's your brother up to these days?" he asked me.

"Trying to woe a girl." I told him.

"Another one nighter?" he asked me sounding annoyed.

"No, Laurel Lance." I told him and he thought for a moment before we ordered our food.

"That would mean Oliver was open for someone else to move in." he told me and I raised my eyebrow at him.

"You've been ordering me to stay away from Oliver since the day I got back. Now you're telling me to make a move?" I asked him.

"I'm only stating a fact." He told me and I gave him a look. My phone went off and I saw Oliver's name and answered it. "Speak of the devil."